Sunday, 21 December 2014

Adaptability

Good Sunday everyone. It's a nice quiet morning in my home today. Wife and kids are baking at grandmas house and I'm at home! Beaut! Take advantage and get the Internet stuff done.
   In the last nine months my life, life has been crazy. Just like a jumbled up circus. It's been a lot of fun. Lots of fun but seemingly exhausting. Trying to fit so much more in an amount of time that just isn't there. I have never really done any scheduling of my life before. Except for work and some morning movements. But the rest of my time was always left with no reservations. And thus causes me to feel no obligation to do anything. Therefore I would not accomplish as much as I could have. Now with I Ho Chaun looming in the near future ;) I have found that time is a very valuable commodity. A schedule of my day is going to be very much needed. I have a schedule figured out and written down. Bear with me for a thought process. It feels good to have a concrete plan of my day ready to use. What and when I should be doing stuff.
    But then yesterday after speaking with a sifu at practice I realized that time can be very flexible. I do not fully understand "mastery". while in conversation of this literature, sifu's words hit a switch. If I have time to wait around, that is time wasted! Wowseers that's deep stuff. I wonder what will happen when I start busting out reps of Da Mu Hsing while I'm "waiting for my bill". That would be good stuff!!  But ,seriously here, sifts words where pretty new thoughts for myself. I took those thoughts home and meditated and pondered.
    I have come to very recently understand that it's okay to have a concrete plan to not deviate from in order and in place. But there must be an acceptance of  its not always be like my piece of paper. There is the lesson in adaptability.

This is Will Duncan wishing you and yours a merry Christmas and a fantastic new year.
Bye for now

1 comment:

  1. Asome blog post. You hit the point spot on. Lets hope we can keep this focus though out the year.

    ReplyDelete