Sunday, 5 July 2015

Sunday Sunday

   Happy sunday to you. The wind has slowed down today so, I might get weeding of the garden done yet. Well, it was a fantastic week. Man big obstacles pushed out of the way. Like doing kung fu in public. Stressful, kind of, but its still the same form I do in my backyard! It is still nerve racking, but, like I say, I want to learn to work through the stressful times with out becoming overly emotional. Or better yet, I do not desire becoming emotionally attached to the situation. Realising the amount of control in the outcome of what others say or think. Remember, it is not my problem what others think of or about me. I am here for me and my teammates. And if I am trying my hardest, then, I do not much care what anyone thinks.
  
   The Canada Day demo was really a good time. I think the demo turned out nicely. This is now, becoming a good habit. Hanging out with the team, with a whole bunch of like minded people, but yet all so different. Cool really to think about. My family was able to make it to the demo, which, is awesome. My boys, they just love the lion dance. Wyatt especially!! he just squeals and giggles.  He is so neat to watch. Alex, I think, becomes mesmerized by the lion. I really do. Or else he just spaces right out. I did that  too as a kid. My favorite part was doing a spinning jump attack off the mid rail on the bridge. I am not sure on how it looked, but I thought it was awesome. I wonder if I could jump from rail to rail?? OH holy, that would be....mind blowing! Yes, atomic explosion mind blowing! The crab soccer with that massive ball, was just straight up fun. Good, ol' fashioned fun!! Everyone's forms are coming along nicely. You guys have put a lot of work and time in and its just awesome.


  
   The equestrian training was so cool. I learnt so much about silent communication. Not just how I perceive myself, but that energy, that feeling everyone emits. Loved it so much. I do want to say though, that my horse's legs on the left side, where shorter, then her right legs.  She just kept going in circles. So, I should talk to Tony about that. Should fix that somehow!! No, it was a great lesson, in not just saying what I mean, but meaning what I say and do. With Molly (the horse I was teamed with) all of my thoughts and actions had to be very disciplined. My energies needed to be true and honest to just working with her as a team. It is to bad we could not have spent more time out there. Next time, maybe, hopefully. I really liked one of the quotes Tony had showen us. "Maybe its not you asking the wrong question, but asking the question wrong." I think that is it. Well that's how I know it, so forever it shall be.


  
   Kung fu this week was, chaotic at best, but I did manage to get some pretty decent numbers up, so, another success. My wife and kids went to B.C. with the monster-in-law. So, I didn't get very far at home with out a butthead sticking to me. It is awesome though. I soak it in as mush as I can. Who knows, if they are like me, in a few years, I will have to get rid of them and get start over. I tell them that when they start being retarded around the house. hahaha. What? I think it hilarious. I continued to do meditation and chi cultivation this week about 4-5 hours worth, and I am awestruck at how quickly I can feel chi running through me. I have felt this energy numerouse times before. Doing some meditatitive works with profesionals, and at home, That energy has raced through my system before, looking for the monsters within. At that time, I used it for search and destroy missions in my spirit. Draw the demons out, look them in the eyes and ask, very politely (not my decision), what the front door is your problem man. That was fantastic. Solved a lot of issues and closed the door on a bunch of defects of character. After working with that fellow, I asked my kid if I could join kung fu. You see, I believe that so much of my past took up so much of my energy and time, that when I finally exited these demons, I had almost an empty shell. All this free space to work with, and I did not want to fill it with job stuff. I needed something else. kung fu fit in very nicely. About a year later, I had the opportunity to join I Ho Chaun. Amazing how everything is wound and inter-twined upon itself. What a place. Everything is connected in one way or another. Like one amazingly huge great spirit! I have worked a spinning kick into my form a few weeks ago, and my spinning kicks, suck. I learnt a lot of real good stuff from Sifu Playter at the boot camp. So, right back to the basics. Put the stick down and concentrate on the basics. Watch the foot work. Restart the process. I can do that, and progress is coming nicely. Man it is nice to be able to stay calm and cool. That's one of the best lessons thus far is just, breathing calmly. Just be cool.


Anyways, I am done rambling for now
Talk at you later
Mr.Duncan
   


  

No comments:

Post a Comment