Sunday, 5 March 2017

Night Shift, oh gross

Hey there everybody.  Well, I'm all done with the night shift, finally.  Boy, did that take it toll on me. Mentally and physically, it was very tedious. But, I powered through and we accomplished everything, plus more we as a crew set out to do. What a good feeling. Seeing the beginning and the end of this elevator shaft is a good feeling. Some welding left to be done, but that is outta my realm, so, my tasks are done.  Funny how nights mess with your head. Like for example, this night shift messed with me so bad, that my last night, I could not think clearly and I did some, well, a lot of welding that I wasn't supposed to have done. I hate welding. It's stinks and it's for puddle chasers, not me! Just for some reason, I did this welding! Like really?! Man alive, that's not me at all!  I think, I might be in trouble for it, but, I will take my lumps like a man and own up to what I did. It was a really weird experience.  It was one of those times that nothing registered from the brain to the body. Nothing. I kept saying to myself, this isn't my job, let the welders finish this, but, my body did not register! Like full on zombie mode!! Haha. All well. I had the right intentions....( insert shoulder shrug and a meh!)
  Anyways, well like I say nights really messed with me and I honestly did nothing for two weeks but work and sleep. I had no go go!  But, that's okay. Not moving gave me extra opportunities to sit and listen and think. I think I got a plan together. On paper it looks good. So, we will see in application. The real trick here, is consistency. Like in anything consistency in our words and actions is what makes or breaks us.
  So, unfortuanatly this is a short blog. My boys just will not leave my side. Don't get me wrong, I love every second of the kiddos, being like, "dad, dad, dad, wanna do this, dad, dad, can we do this dad, dad what are you doing? Dad! Don't you love me? Play dad, play!  Why are you sitting down, dad, dad, look at this, dad.... and so and so forth. I love it! Sometimes, yeah, you wanna pile drive them into oblivion, but, it is a beautiful monster! My boys are my life and that's always been my number one driving factor. Another example of consistency. My boys are consistently annoying enough for me to call it love! Hahahaha
  Well. It's been a good week. A week of reading some good material, and good reflection and planning. Let's have a good week of action this week.

See ya on the next one
Mr.Duncan

2 comments:

  1. Night shift....blah! Good to hear that your boys are still holding you accountable 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always found night shifts messed with my head.

    ReplyDelete