Hello everyone. Holy wonderful day today. I see a common theme happening when I do my blogs. The day suddenly becomes nicer. Amazing. Well these last few weeks have been holy intense batman. So much happened, so quickly, all I could do is just pick my reactions. I feel I had some huge growth in this latest test I was handed. Insurance was jerking around, my truck is written off, my youngest boy was way out of sorts, and my wife is hurt from this accident, police are waiting to charge the other driver. Everything is taking it sweet time in becoming resolved. As I have said before, I can be terribly impatient. But, you know what, I only had one freak out. on a punching bag, in my garage, away from people. And that my friends, is progress. Before, this would have consumed and destroyed me, mentally and physically and spiritually. This time, I kept breathing and before I knew it, resolutions where happening on all aspects of this accident. Yeah it sucks, but, everything will become resolved when it is ready to be resolved. A simple thought, but, only recently, have I been able to unconditionally accept this fact into my life. That's a really good feeling, knowing I don't have to loose my mind. Oh that's a wonderful, freeing, feeling. Ahh, I can breath. This week, there were some amazing blogs posted. These blogs gave me lots to think about. And I had time this week.
On Friday night, after class, I got home and everyone was in bed. So I wandered into the back yard, lite a campfire and watched the flames dance and flicker. Camp fires have always been a favorite thing to do. The smells, the way the fire dances, everything about it is awesome. You see, I believe, that when you get into the flames and the coals, that the fire will tell you a story. The hard part is determining the story. I just use my imagination. Also, as the night grew long, it became really clear out, and so I started to star gaze. An another favorite thing to do. I like to concentrate on just one star and wonder, what is around that star. Is there life like I there? Is there something thinking the same thought, looking at our sun? I will paint a picture in my mind what things might look like. When I star gaze like that, I always wonder just how huge the universe is and how small and insignificant I am in comparison to everything around me. Our minutes and seconds, hours and days even, mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. But to us, time is our reality check. Time is what "turns the world" Don't get me wrong, time as it is understood is important, but, like money, it is another man-made invention that is used to control the masses. That's a thought for another day though. You see, I see things like this. In the large scheme of things, our actions, do not matter that much, if at all. What we do will not change the course of the universe, unless we blow up our planet. That would mess up a thing or two, but even then, it really would not change the universe that much. But then I thought, like the yin and yen there must be balance to everything. Whether it be good versus bad, laziness versus activity. There are extremes to all that truly balance the equation. Now, I thought on the universal size of things, if our actions truly do matter, then every good deed we do ripples through the universe like a pebble in an ocean. No matter how small the deed or how small we are, it does matter. Every action or thought, good or bad does add to the grand scale of life. Now, I guess the question is, what side of the scale am I tipping? Most days, I am the good side of things, some days I like to pour in onto the bad side of the scale. I know for a fact, that balance really makes a difference in our beings. living on the wrong side of life for so many years, then to come check out this respectable way of life. The scale truly becomes apparent. You truly do see, how our actions and words do affect others around you. I really see this in children, how one word or one sentence can either make their entire day, or just absolutely crush their hearts. That is why I am trying to better myself every day. Not just for my self, but to set a good example for my boys. Give them a positive cycle to continue. Show them how glorious and extra-ordinary our lives and actions truly are. And of course because kung-fu is awesome.
Well, that is it for today.
Happy mothers day and see you soon
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
Truly an amazing post again.
ReplyDeleteGee did I ever enjoy reading this. Really good post.
ReplyDeleteLoved your post.
ReplyDelete