Sunday, 2 August 2015

The Aftermath

Well, happy sunday everyone! Holy incredible feeling of euphoria! Yesterday was such an awesome day. I am very grateful for all who came out and those who supported how they could. Amazing! That parade was so full of excitement and energy, it was wild. I could feel the energy from my house, before anyone showed up. Then when the team did show. Wow, it was hard to control myself. I wanted to just run in circles screaming I was so excited. But, fortunately, control prevailed much of the day. Honestly, I am still sorting out, what exactly happened yesterday. When, the team was over at the barbeque, I was taken aback at how many people liked and complimented us on our garden. I guess I became complacent and used to the garden. Yesterday was a very nice reminder of how, blessed we truly are. How lucky we are, to be as self-sufficient as we can be. So thanks for reminding me and mine of that everyone. This past week, was a huge string of firsts. I have contemplated hosting a get-together, but was never willing to. Until yesterday. First time for having friends over on such a scale. I feel I was rewarded with a feeling of euphoria. Check this. While everyone was enjoying their dinners, I took a step back and just absorbed what was happening. Numerous deep breathes I took. As I slowly gazed around, I could feel.... an energy....an energy that seemed to be passing through everyone. For a quick second, it was like I could feel and see your energies. This feeling or sense came, with a very conscious breath and a very conscious blink of the eyes. And boom. I could see your bodies and faces, but your images were different, brighter almost. Maybe more like glowing. Then, just like that, everything was back to "normal," and finally, with my next breath, came the feeling of euphoria! Wild stuff, I know right!! Another huge first was Silent River in the Beach, just taking over. That was cool. Walking that parade, in this town is kind of like, walking the streets with my buddies, back in the day. Except yesterday, we did not participate in any illegal activities. Not even one egg thrown at one police car. Crazy business!! Do not worry, I covered the "egging of public officials houses" when the sun went down last night!! Just kidding. But, I did find doing the parade in Alberta Beach as a team, very fulfilling. That parade, the crowd was so into it, I think it blew stony plain's right outta the water. Strictly, because of the crowd. And S.R.K.F.  But I am biased on this topic.

   This week has been an amazingly great week. Emotionally, and spiritual growth was huge this week.  Do note, I try not to use names and titles when speaking about certain aspects of my being, do bear with me. I was having a rough start to the week. So, I did something, I haven't done before, ever, and I let an "outsider" in my mind this week. Now, usually, when I have issues or problems with something, I will only go to a few select people and ask for help. It takes me a long time to warm up to somebody with intentions of intimately talking to and letting someone into my head. But, I followed the lead I was given and spoke to a kind of new figure of respect in my life. Honestly, I let them in and honestly told them what is going on in my head and in my life. What a wonderful relief. What a wonderful feeling. It is hard to explain, but I feel, if we, as individuals, are struggling with issues, the only growth will be through honesty. Sure we can solve the person, place or thing, by walking away, or removing it from our lives, but, the real question is why did that person place or thing bother us, in the first place? With honesty, that question will be solved. Sometimes, an outsider with little to no knowledge of what is cooking in your mind, is all you need. At least it was for me. And an answer of another sort came as well. The more I ask for help and thrown myself out there to others, the stronger, internally/spiritually I feel. So the lesson is, again, I cannot do this on my own. I do need your help, and I am grateful for it. In our very awesome conversation, "how" came up. How to do the work? How to be better than yesterday? How does it work? The answer is simply the question. HOW? Honesty, Open heart, Willingness. For me and many like me, maybe you, that is the only answer. Let us place that in a sentence. Am I honestly, with an open heart, looking at my part; and am I willing to be the change I desire to see? If the answer is no, then shake your head and say, oops, I meant yes. Then the answers will come. Then situations will cease to exist. Not to say everything becomes peachy, but life is easier to deal with when looking at your part, how? You know how!!   
 
   Next, I invited, my new friend to come hang out with a bunch of other friends of mine. We are different to say the least. In which, we are a peculiar group of people and do things a very certain way. It works best for the greater good this very rigid, but soft direction. These guys and I have seen the worst and the best of times. We have seen and experienced bottoms like none other. But, we feed off of each others positive energies. We could be having one of the worst possible psychological days, but we get together, and nothing else matters. Its okay. This too shall pass, we say. Its a spiritual friendship with ourselves that has an immeasurable amount of positive energy. We believe in a higher power, but no title is needed. We can draw off of its energies to give to others. Through our experience, strength and hope, we pass this energy, the best we can. And, I mean, these meetings are not for everyone, but they most certainly can become a life line. For that reason, we need to practice discretion and humility in whom we invite to our hang outs. With all that being said, I do believe my new friend added a new vibrant energy to the conversation that was at hand. Boy, it was a good time. The things I learnt that night and the experiences and energies I felt where really outta this world stuff man. What a night of awesomeness.


   So, Yeah, my numbers were lower than hoped for, but spiritual growth was so terribly high, that wow! It is hard to believe. It really is. I had big ambitions for the week, but I was straight up stressed about The demo and parade on Saturday. Its cool though. The perspective has been tweaked and I see and understand, the reason for low physical numbers. The corrective positive re-enforcement takes that feeling of self-doubt right out of the picture. So, hmm, another lesson, it kind of seems. Fortunately, that lesson came earlier in the week and the numbers were easy to accept as what was happening.


Anyhow, my two mental midgets are I think, having another screaming contest. So, I am going to see, if they can out scream Metallica. I know just the album too. Ride the Lightening. Well maybe Ozzy? Oh decisions, decisions.


Scream at ya later
Mr.Duncan

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever watched Russell Brand: From Addiction to Recovery? It's on Netflix, I really enjoyed it. It's a view on addiction from an addict in a really honest way.

    ReplyDelete