Sunday, 21 August 2016

A Fresh Breath

  Happy Sunday's to all and to all a good Sunday. Boy, yesterday was a good day. I was able to get into the kwoon, have a good conversation and get in some training.  It was nice to see who was there, again.  Boy, I miss training on Saturdays. It was a lot of fun.  I had the opportunity to work with Sihing Chevenka on his techniques. I had a good time. i learnt some cool things just from him smashing me around! No, it wasn't that bad. Which reminds me to work on my falls.  I was able to get in some knee breaking and face caving in with my gorgeous escrimas.  I just love them.  I love it when they hum I love it when they break things.  A match made in heaven. Me and my little sticks of pain. It feels so when practicing with them.

    So, our meeting on Saturday.  It was an eye opener.  A bit of a head shaking and a time to reset. I was feeling kinda bad about my numbers. Not overly, but, it was there.  We have our reasons to not train and our excuses as to why something takes precedent over our training.  But like it was explained at the meeting. They are just that excuses. Okay Sifu. I hear ya. What am I going to do about it.  Well, I have to uphold my end on the bargain.  I got thinking during parts of the meeting, that, Our teachers are always here for us. Always. And all they ask, is that we hold up our end of the deal.  Push ups sit ups and hand forms and the other requirements. I would like to say, hell yeah I'm just flying right now, but I'm not.  Not in the physical aspects of Kung fu.  I need to stop right here for a second.  I was chatting with a neighbor the other day and I was telling him about I Ho Chuan. And I had to really push out the words, I'm a martial artist. I study traditional Kempo styled Kung fu.  Saying those words felt like a bold faced lie. And if you know me, one thing I despise, is being lied to or lying.  Even the smallest fib coming out of my mouth drives my mind insane. So I do not.  But after the words where spewed out of my face, I felt instant shame. Afterwards,  I said to myself, will, it's time to make a decision.  Are we going to rock this I Ho Chuan or what? We did this last year. Are we going to do this, or are you okay with being okay?  I took the night and I really fought with this topic in my mind. But, I did come out with the decision that I'm sick of being okay. Five years ago, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and I changed my life.  Same thing today. Today I'm tired of being good enough, and I have been for a few months. Tired of insesintalty looking for excuses and reason to justify my laziness.  The mind and spirit are pretty well off right now. It's time to complete the change.
 
     so, the answers are pretty well laid out plain and simple. Start elevating my training time again. I did enjoy watching my numbers grow on paper last year, so, yes, the books out and pencils sharpened.  Big parts of my eating habits need to be altered as well.  Not eating right and skipping meals and such, it's not healthy. That's a big part of my laziness is I'm not eating like I need to be.  That's just being silly. I know better than that. And it's not like these things are hard to do. It is the constant vigilance and awarness of where you are and what are you doing that's difficult. That's what it boils down to.  Engagement of the mind to remain aware of your presence.

  And besides, New years is coming up quickly.  My goal is to not look like a jerk at New Years. Man on fire!  Maybe I should get addicted to Kung fu, like I do booze and cigarettes!! Hahaha! It's funny come on. If you can not laugh at yourself then you do not know humour.  The first step is the smoking.  Time to be done now.  Right like how many times does a guy have to try to quit? Well, once if he's honest about it.  Today's the day. Today I put down the smokes and start breathing. Mark it! Mark it on your calanders.  I'm scared as truck though! It's okay. One breath at a time.  Maybe I should mark clean breaths in my booklet.  The minds already running into panic mode. Ha!  Overdrive. Feels like I'm hitting a massive flaming jump over the Grand Canyon in an exploding semi truck at like five hundred kilometres an hour!  But It's okay. One breath at a time. I can have that. I've earned it. Just one.

Okay well, I'm all typed out here, and I want to hit something, so I will see you on the flip side!

Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan

1 comment:

  1. Listen to your body. It is telling you what you need to do to nourish it. Mindful eating helps as will mindful smoking. If you are listening while you are smoking, it will be easier to quit.

    ReplyDelete