Sunday Sunday, here again I tidy attire. Yeah! How's it going people? My day is great thus far. Feeling pretty invincible right now. It's amazing what happens when you honestly training again. The feeling of awesomeness just rips through the body, and keeps the soul happy. For me any ways. Numbers are climbing again, and Sifu is right. The numbers are as important as the training. the numbers are important to continue pushing on. One of the basic lessons of I Ho Chuan, I decided to ignore. Not today, and hopefully not tomorrow. The greatest combatant of smoking I have in my arsenal right now, is Kung fu. It's really hard to throw combos with a dart hanging from my mouth! Haha. I've tried it though! Hahaha. Addict to the bone, I am. Meh, it's coming. No need to stress about it. I know I'm going to quit, it's just a matter of time, today.
Yesterday, was gramps birthday. So, we all go and hang with gramps. Celebrate his day with him. just about everyone was there. And, ya know, I was happy to see everyone. There's family members I'm not overly fond of, but, you can't pick family. And, seeing how, I am the only one who admitted his problems and moved towards solutions as opposed to smashing my face into the wall continuously, my cousin wanted my help and advice. He's struggling with the drugs and alcohol. So, away for a conversation we go. I do not mind. I'm happy to help any and all who ask for it. I offered solutions and aid, for his problems. And , honestly, that's all I can do. He wanted a quick fix. And quick solution to a lifetime of abusing. I chuckled with him and said, "No, life isn't that easy. It never has been and it never will be. The only way to solve your problems is to get to the root of your evils. Not moving here or there. Not running and hiding. Not just a conversation. Hard work, full of honesty." He's not ready yet. That's okay. One day you will be and I will be waiting for your call. I suggested her reads Peace is every step. That's a book that really catapulted my spiritualism. When I'm feeling blue, I find a flower and look at its smile until, I start to smile. I find peace knowing that I am not alone in this world. That's comforting all in itself. So, I wished him the best of luck and I do truly hope he finds what he's looking for. After all, he is blood. Never turn your back on blood. It's all we have that will never change. Friends, people, places and things come and go and change. Not family. They are with you forever.
Kung fu training! Has been doing well. I have been finding this free time, that I just couldn't find before. Out of pure laziness, I wasn't even looking to make time. But, today, perceptions have been altered and new outlooks found. Great. Training in the kwoon on Saturdays, is awesome. Seeing everyone and conversing with a few of them is wonderful. I'm feeling like a member of the team again. I know I have always been, but, it's different, when your training and trying to make a difference on the team. Working with Sihing, really forces me to focus and settle down. It forces me to step up my game. Check stances proper punches and strikes and to fall properly. Try to not fight the flow, and just roll with the neck chops!! My Escrimas are feeling great man. Love them. I have been practicing without the sticks, just to check flow and ya know, there's work that has to happen, but, it feels good. If I go at a steady pace, it honestly feels like tai chi. The movements, the circles, the flow. It just feels right. So onward and upwards with it. Keep pushing for mastery.
"These are my Escrimas! There are many like them, but, these ones are mine. My Escrimas are my best friends. They are my life. I must master them as I must master my life. Without me, my Escrimas are useles. Without my Escrimas, I am useless. My Escrimas and I know what counts in war is not the swings we make, the noise of our sound focus, nor the Air we move. We know it is the hit that counts. We will hit.... Before you I swear this creed. My Escrimas and I are defenders of our Kung fu traditions. We are masters of our enemies. We are saviours of my life"
Hey, a little bit of an altered "rifleman's creed" And I do, mean this with the utmost respect and admiration, and seriousness.
I made time to talk to a few teammates about the dragon dance Saturday, heard concerns about training as a team on Fridays and Saturdays. It was good conversation. Only I missed Sifu Lidstrom. Sorry I missed you, but you and Sifu Prince looked very happy hugging on the mats! I didn't want to interupt!! Just kidding I will catch you next week! But, I talked to the team about dragon dancing on Fridays. I truly understand everyone's concerns about burning out, training on Fridays or Saturday's,
as well as being in the kwoon all week. I get it. We will find a solution as a team. And I flat out admitted, that moving to a Friday night or a Saturday afternoon, is a "selfish desire" that is almost mine alone. Seeing as my thursday nights are booked tight. But like I said, last year we had a really awesome dance. We did! It was awesome. My desire, is to build a dance and destroy last years performance. I truly want to build something as a team, that is untouchable, for I Ho Chuan teams coming up. Just ponder with me for a second, and think what we could accomplish with one hour a week set aside for the dragon and the dragon alone. We could build a performance that the crowd is going to wet themselves over, and we can do it I know we can! After all we are masters in training. Something I feel in my bones. And maybe it's just me placing my hand over panic mode at times, but, we are now in the later half of the year and, I feel, we have to start making big strides in a big way, very quickly, or we will be under the gun again, like last year. I would like to avoid that, but it's going to take some serious investments of time and energy on all of our be halves. The spotlight is going to be shining brightly on us very quickly and we need to have something together. And we will, because that's what we do!
Any ways I am excited for the dragon and working with the team again!
Well, I hope everyone has a great day.
Talk to you soon
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment