Sunday, 4 September 2016

look at the beautiful mice

    Hey there. How's it cracking? Man I'm doing well. This week was defiantly a  trying week. Numbers took a serious hit. All my time at home has been spent dealing with mice. A fricken infestation is what it is. Man alive was it disgusting.  Fricken mice everywhere. I've trapped 6 of them, shot three and there is still three more, that I know of. Oh, man, my blood is boiling.  I don't mind mice, as long as they are somewhere else. Not in my garage/ training Center.  So, there has been a huge lesson in cleanliness and keep feed and shaving put away properly.  And I have learnt that those little rubber gloves, do not fit my hands.  That was funny. Try to be smart and not get this super disinfectant all over my skin and then, I can't get the gloves off.  We would let the cat do her job, but, Bane won't let her off of her perch, let alone into the yard.  So, my Sammy cat doesn't get to hunt. Oh, and the dog likes to eat the spray foam, while I'm using it. Jesus, his stomached I thought was going to fill up, but I stopped him before he got too much into him. More of a state of shock on that little stunt, pulled by Bane. I still think it would be easier to have an accident and burn the garage to the ground.....oh that's a bad idea? I guess I'll just keep cleaning then.
    But, in the time I did make for training, i continued making progress with the Escrimas.  Working on fine tuning the forms. Slowing down, is the key right now.  Purposeful selective movements.  Checking my breath and stances before moving to the next move.  It's been a challenge simply because I get caught up in the form itself and then all of a sudden I'm done! And, that's not the intended goal right now.  Working on form and technique. Must move slow to ensure things are proper before moving on.  On the other side of that coin, I pushed hard in achieving four punches in under a second. I will have hands of speed when this is said and done.  I'm averaging three in about a second. Four in about a second and a half. I have found it's hard to time these things, so, I go by feel. I know how long a second feels like. Now, it's a matter of getting the hands and the feelings to unify with that feeling.
   Even saying that, I must slow down the punches to ensure skeletal alignment and proper technique, before I can worry about speed and power.  This is different than being in a horse stance and chucking punches off the hip. That's no problem to hit four punches in a second. From a fighting stance, worrying about stance and foot movement and placement does slow a guy down.  Besides what's the point of throwing a punch if your not grounded properly?  That's you throwing wild, uncontrollable punches and getting knocked on your keister is what that is! With everything though, time and patience and I will achieve my goals.  The key to this achievement is to relax, to breathe. To find peace with my movements.
    In other news, I have tasked myself with the job of designing and detailing a dragon dance. I find peace in illustrating a story in my little book of tricks. It's something I wanted to try to do and so I will do.  You know something, I'm really enjoying myself.  For me, I have set no expectation that this will be used.  I want to know if I can atleast get this out of my head and onto paper. From visualized to explained on paper. It's a bit harder task than anticipated. But, I do enjoy a good challenge.  Because, I'm very peculiar, I wish to "see" the movements, person by person section by section, before it makes sense to me.  It can be slow and tedious, but it gives me a better understanding of what is going on.  So, I will sketch out a move and then look to the mechanics of it.  And ask the questions of feasibilities and hardness of  the technique. So far I have, put together something really neat.  In my head it looks awesome. The only difficult part is sketching out the lion. I do not understand the movements or techniques as I've only been in one in a parade. This will have to be further addressed!
    I will end here, it's sad to announce, but actions where taking to suspend the Living Room Federation due to antics inside and outside the ring! My youngest , Sin Cara, is having a hard time deciding when it is and is not okay to start throwing punches and where to place these punches. And the oldest, The Stud,  is having a heck of a time with control, and not pinning you down and strengthning his knuckles on your ribs. And so, unfortunately the belt hard to be retired.  For now! A lesson in moderation here boys. Turning into a full blown brawl! Haha! My bad.
 
Anyhow, I'm going to sign off here folks.
See ya soon
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment