Good day to you. Yesterday, I was pretty disappointed in myself. Kung fu and weight training have come to a sudden, screeching halt. Like who just pulled the e-brake? I did. I let myself forget about the promises I made to myself. The example of discipline and hard work I try to keep. The goals I set. Everything! It just walked out the door and was like see ya! Oh man. Like I say, yesterday, i was not happy in my past actions. But, with saying that, I accomplished a lot of chores in and around the house. Did a lot of hanging out with my kids. It was their spring break last week, so, I took the opportunity to gear down and hang with my kids. Nerf wars, and wrestling matches and bike rides and all sorts of jazz. Lots of great bonding and laughing. Just none of me taking time for my passion. It's always on my mind. I always talk about it and think about it, and write about it. Which is train in the art form of Kempo Kung Fu. But I think, sometimes, that, training can be very selfish and I should not do so much of it. I should go watch the telly with the missus. Or get something done around the house. That's just silly. Because I do train while watching tv, with the wife. Stances and kicks, punches and block. I just haven't been.
Not sure when, this plan of mine started to unravel, but, it doesn't matter. That is nothing more than a detail in the truth. Master Sifu said to me once, "There's nothing wrong with being heavily devoted to your family, but, don't forget, every man needs to do something just for themselves. Like Kung Fu."
Affirmative action is needed, and that's what I'll take. These feeling of worthlessness, is a mere reminder, to continue fighting the good fight.
"Tension and tightness acts like brakes, reducing speed and stealing energy"
Well, I'll see you soon
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment