Sunday, 9 April 2017

The layoff

  Well, there comes a time in everyone's career that you might be outta work for a while. It comes with part of the construction industry. And I took one last week.  So far, I'm cool. For the most part a layoff is scary and damning. But, I don't see it. Like it bothers me, ah crap no work, but, it's been a huge relief for myself.  I was in a place I despised with very negative people and surroundings. I'm no angel, I played into the game as well. I hated my boss and my co-workers. I hated the drive, looking at people, listening to people who have no clue about what they are talking about, tell me my job is scary. So then, you educate these un-educated people, about your job, and they still shut you down, because, they don't know. I got bumped from, installing and being on front lines, to sorting bolts and doing nothing, but holding up my tool belt. I'm a proud man, and maybe that was why this pill was so hard to swallow. There is a reason, I don't sit out of work for long and it's not because of my "charming" personality!! It's because, I'm good at what I do, and I do try hard to learn and get better.  But, you sluff me off, and you lost me. I won't even give you the time of day, if you treat me the way I was treated.
    So, this layoff, as much as I didn't really want it, I was very happy to take one. Before the boss even finished his sentence, I was up and shaking hands and out the door. See ya later! I don't care what you have to say boss man, you've lied to me since august, just to keep me around. You don't bull sh!t, me, there buddy. I'm the wrong guy to think you've pulled the wool over my eyes. Maybe one of your drunk buddies, but, not me.  Well, glad that's out now. And, enough of the negative crap, I just needed that out, not that anyone really cares, but, I didn't want it anymore.

  Well, what am I going to do? Time for a solution. I put in for some ei, and I'm going to........not sure. I have made a list one country mile long of to do's and slowly one by one, I pick the list clean. Impromptu things pop up. Painted and installed new shelves in the front closet, Saturday. Hot water tank is to be installed Monday. Drywall removed to improve on my water pipes. Got a call from an old friend. That reminds me!  Guns are cleaned and ready for shooting, and I pulled my bow out and whiped the dust off of her. Oh, I love my bow! It's so awesome. It goes twack and things fall down!! So, I have things and stuff to do. And I slowly do them. Oh and I've done some serious catching up on wrestling matches of the past! Can not forget about that, Pat! One of my favourite matches ever is Shawn Micheals versus Razor Ramon for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania X!! Oh my god such a Great match! Like Tony the Tiger great! Seriously, why are you still here, reading this and not watching the match....
   One of my favourite things about time off so far is the coffee taste testing I've been doing lately. Go have coffee at this guys house, not bad, let's go see what their coffee tastes like! Not bad. What about that guys coffee. Yeah, let's check it out there too.  It's been good!! Hanging with some solid people, playing with horses. Fixing fences and building gardens. It's too bad I can't make a lot of money, just doing stuff for people. Nobody wants to pay for something, they can do on their own. Meh, whatever, that's cool. I enjoy work for conversation. Something else will come of this whole situation soon enough. I hope it better than before, but, if I need to eat poop sandwiches, for a while yet, then, well, so be it.

  The one thing that has stayed fairly consistent is my Kung fu training. I find though, that, it's harder to laser in and focus, when I can train whenever. As opposed to squeezing in everything after work. You know? It's weird, as much as I love it, it's not something I do as much as I can do, now that I'm unemployed.  But, that is okay. This is a new week coming up, and Kung fu is still on the front of my mind. The training will continue to build and in a few weeks I'll be like, "how am I going to fit in work here?" I'm committed to being the best I can, and I have been saying for a while, "Just imagine what I can accomplish with a couple of hours every day of Kung fu! Oh my sweet mother of pearl, I am going to blow the doors off of my training".  It will come and I'm up for the challenge. I was recently showen the beginnings of kempo III. Wow, that's really cool. I am really enjoying it. But I want the next part now!!
  Training for me, when I start to get to far into my head, is the best escape I have. Training helps me forget about the stresses of life. It helps me calm down and handle situations that used to baffle me.  I can take my training out into the streets and know, that it will be okay, just be cool. Training has taught me, that I can and will achieve whatever I'm looking for, I just need time. No problem, right now, I got all the time in the world. I have this absolutely amazing gift, now, I have got to utilize it. There's is nothing scary about a lay-off. The only scary thing is the unknown gifts that are in a layoff, that we never see, until we pass it by. Like time. Like family. Like friends.

It's a good day people, don't forget that. At least I have a warm bed at the end of the day. Be thankful. Be gracious. This could be your last opportunity with a situation like this.I am going to use this quote again, seeing as how it fits so perfectly today.

"Hard work pays off
Dreams come true
Bad times don't last
But Bad Guys do!"
   -Razor Ramon/Scott Hall-

Talk to you soon
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment