Friday, 26 January 2018

Finally Some Light

  Oh hello there, didn’t see you there! Well, honestly I can’t see through this screen, soooo, anyhow! Well, not much to report this week. Very tiring this week. Night shift really messed with me, and I ended up missing a shift and a half due to illness. I always get sick on nights, it’s just not natural to work the zombie hours!

    But, I’m making progress with the crew. Slowly I’m starting to earn their trust and maybe respect. I’m not their for either, but it really helps when the crew likes you and your work. Maybe I’ll get an apprenticeship earlier than expected? One of the many perks of this new job. Yes, I’m wishey-washy about being at this new place. It’s a massive change and at first I was excited for the change, then the realization of not knowing nothing hit, and I continuously made mistakes. Nothing major, just simple mistakes, that I thought I knew, but didn’t. It’s okay, everyone here is really supportive and helpful. Now, the realization of I do know stuff in this field, it’s just took time to come out.

     I believe one of my strongest points is, I am very good at organizing work and duties for my jobs. Tools I learnt back in ironworking. I just needed to figure out how and when to apply these skills at this new place of employment. Sorry, I won’t use the companies name here. They have this social media thing I signed, saying they can scroll through my stuff, whether I use their name or not. So I will not do that. I don’t want them to have that power over me and my thoughts. Anyhow, i have figured out the process to follow at work and I’m constantly trying to streamline. The mechanics need this and this at this step, and in a few hours, they will need this stand and these parts. So everything is on stand-by, just waiting for the “hey will, I need that stuff”. And boom, it’s ready to rock and they can keep going and I’ve accomplished my duties for the hour.

    So it’s coming. I feel better about me, eat good shift, I get a little more confident in myself and my new skills. Awesome. On a side note, the crew wanted to change each other. Guys wanting to get back into shape and whatnot, so we started a pushy-up challenge! 100 every day, for the next 29 days. Started yesterday! It’s awesome. It’s kind of like I.H.C., but not near as in-depth. I didn’t announce it, but, I’m going to work on my hand forms nightly, while doing the pushups. I’m excited for this. This is a great first step in getting my health back in order, and, for stepping back into Kung fu. It’s been too long since I’ve dropped sweat in the kwoon, and boy, does my body crave it. It’s funny, I was don on the shop floor doing these push ups, and I was like, boy, I should do some hand forms after this. Maybe I’ll start hitting the heavy bag again. Why, oh why, did I stop doing this stuff? It’s so good for me. No worries, this is as good as anywhere to start. And I mashed through my first set of 100. Felt good. Felt real good.

In any event, I got some more stuff to do today, so, off we go!

Have a great day everyone
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment