Wednesday, 4 July 2018

here read this

Hey there. Well, it’s been a while. Not a lot going on here. Well, besides fixing the yard from the drilling truck that was parked on my front lawn for a couple of days. Yards “fixed”. It’s gonna be a slow process here, but that’s okay. Today, I think I’ll re-plant my cherry tree. I doubt it’s gone to survive, but, I’ve been wrong before.
    Anyhow. What else? Been playing a little bit with Kung fu. More just striking the heavy bag. Block, block, strike. Strike, strike, strike, beat the tar outta the bag and repeat! It’s great. Always being mindful of technique and stances. Very important. Even this far outta training, those keys have stuck. And still, it’s easy to notice when the punches are garbage versus solid strikes. Something I’ll awlays enjoy is hitting things!!
   Ahh, ummm, well, July 2 passed again. Those who know, know that’s a day that has an unmeasurable amount of history with me. Why, I sobered up that day and fortuanatly, I’ve stayed sober for tha last seven years. This birthday doesn’t hold too much for celebration, as it’s cool. I, for the last year have kinda struggled with a subject, and I guess we will talk about it here. It’s labels. Everyone needs a label to feel like they are apart of something, and I’m growing away from this thought. I will always be an alcoholic. I will always have addictive natures. It’s part of who I am. But is that where I stop? Do I as a human being stop there? Being labeled or taking a label is a very important thing I believe. It does give you a sense of belonging. It does give you a home base to go back to. Somewhere safe to reset. I get it, and I needed it. But, I’ve noticed, as my life evolves, I no longer need that label as much as I once did. When I first sobered up, I was always in the rooms. Today, I got for maintenance and to share terrible coffee with like minded people. But, is that all there is to me? Hell no. There’s a lot more. And there’s parts of me that do not for the alcoholic stereotype. And you wanna know something? I am eveliveing past that simple thought. I will always need the rooms in my life, but, I don’t know, if I’ll need it like I did in the past. I’ll never walk away, but, there’s far more to me than that.
  So, I guess in that rambling of crap, I figure I’m trying to spew out, is it’s okay to have a label, and it’s okay, if that how you want to indentify yourself,  but, do not forget, that’s not all that you are.

   “If I’m a B-player, thats because b stands for badass!”
         Chris Jericho 1970-present

   “If I’m a B-player, that’s because b stands for bestest in the world”
         Will Duncan 1982-present

Well, talk to you later
Mr.Duncan

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree labels serve a purpose but can be very limiting if you decide that is where your growth and character ends. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete