Hey ya how ya doing! It’s been a good week. Got in some great training at the kwoon for open training. Worked the snot outta Da Mu Hsing. That felt great. And honestly, it’s the only form I remember without opening my book. Haha. Ahh boy, I got work!!
Speaking of which, I’ve spent a fair bit of time in my binder lately and, oh boy, I found the written version of my stick form from 2015!! Shit yeah! Thought I lost it. But there it is, in all it’s glory, just waiting to become re-vitalized. Okay old friend, you’re getting re-born. But I’ve also had this thought, that, I should stick to the schools forms, until, I have those back. A dilemma, by definition, indeed. Sticking to the plan so far has made me feel this good about myself this short time back. So, why mess with what works? Stick to the plan, stick to the basics. I know for a fact, this will work out with me becoming a winner again.
The tournament is coming up fast and furious, and I’m so excited. I was telling the guys at work about the tournament coming up. There’s a few guys who are as excited as I, and they say, they would love to come watch and see a tournament first hand. We are working night shift that week, so, I’m going to be all groggy and stuff, but, this tournament is very important to me. This is my return to my passion. I don’t care if I win, I want to of course. But, it’s more about putting myself out there. Getting back out of my comfort zone and tearing down my walls again. I put up those walls again! You bet I did, but, today, I’m driving flaming red fire trucking tank through that wall, laughing uncontrollably like a mad man, pulling out my hair and jumping around the tank like a spider monkey on speed! You want to see hardcore Kung fu! You want to see hard fast determination? Okay, no problem, just make sure you stay clear of this path of destruction! Because...I....am....not....stopping!!
Honestly, it’s not about winning or loosing. It’s about learning. I will learn something at the tournament, that’s guaranteed, if I pay attention to my surroundings. More importantly, breathing! That’s the key for me.
Man alive, do I love Kung fu!! My hands missed the purposeful punches. My feet miss the flow of chi and energy. My mind misses the frustrations of training. The I know I knew this!! My body forgot the soreness and aches and pains. Most importantly, my soul had forgotten about my purpose. But, today, today, I continue to refuel my passions and loves. Today, I continue to burn the kindling of the flames that power my dragon. We all have a lovely animal inside of our souls. I’ve had the dragon come to me in dreams and meditative sittings. I do believe with all my being, this dragon that’s inside of my heart and soul wants out! And I think he’s kinda pissed! He wants out, to see the sun, to feel the breeze, to taste victory and eat goals and poop gold accomplishments. He’s mad I left him dormant for so long. He’s frustrated with me for walking away from this beautiful energy of which I had; but, he’s also sympathetic and caring. He understands just how dark it can get in a place like we were. Why, I left him tied in chains to the underbelly of my soul. Angry and bitter about life, I expressed it improperly.... I apologize, my dear friend, I was lost and confused, but today I am strong. I am here to sacrifice my will of mind and body, so you can continue to show me a path to truthfulness and compassion.
So, with that being said, I’m back into the weights, the kicks and the repetitions. Quality is key today. Quality! Done and done!
“You know one thing Mean Gene, it’s real easy to understand. And simply put, I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!”
Bret The Hitman Hart (1957-present)
Talk at you, no, no wait, I’ll see you soon! Ha...ha...ha!
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment