Hi there. im Mr.Duncan and this is my weekly blog
Alrighty then, lets get started. I have been away from the kwoon for an obvious while, and my training went the eventual way-side. I have been working out of town and living outta a motel rooms. It was an odd place with odd people around. haha I fit right in, eh! I never really made a lot of time to train either, working twelve hr shifts, you know, only have so many minutes to do personal stuff. so, I had excuses to not practice, "I don't have time for that anymore","i have no room for that here" and other weak thoughts like that. I was getting sick of the excuses I gave myself to be lazy. sick of mediocracy. So I started to build myself up for the requirements, and asked if i could join. And oh boy, hey I am! Im not top drawer material yet, but, i will be. Give me time and man this is gonna be fun.
I may not have ohysically practiced for a while, but mentally, some of the lessons I have learnt here in srkf, have just stuck.I am happy i did I Ho Chuan before, because the time spent trudging away in a techniques and hand forms and weapon forms have stuck. More of the forms and techniques are lost.... for now. I have a plan coming together. I have my goals on the fridge and on my phone. I got emails ready and phone numbers if needed. Numbers and reps are getting more and more consistant. Im feeling more ad more confident in Da Mu Hsing. I dont know if i should use a stick as a weapon form this year simply because of the low roof. I miss the stick though. I really enjoy the stick. This stick is mine. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
Anyhow, I have a fairly good base for now. I have a lot a lot a lot of work ahead of me. I really want to be good again, not as good as i used to be, but, better!! Im going to work really hard to stay here online and try to contribute as much as I can. I am going to make a point of getting into the kwoon once a turn-a-round.
There are a ton of basics this guy right here, has absolutely gotta get back to, and this year is the year. I am excited to work with the team in one fashion or another. I do hope that when time, my forms will be up to par for the team, when i hopefully get some time at home. Spring break up cant come fast enough. These longer shifts, you get lots of time off. Lots as in do two separate loads of laundry and pin her back to work. But, ive yet to get back home, i think only 10 more days now. Yowie wowie thats exciting!! I can see my dog. That bugger is spot on, I miss my dog. More than the kids. Kidding. probably...maybe. anyways the dog and the kids are awesome. okay!!
Well, There ya go. I have now run out of words to say for now. Right?!? Took long enough....
I will talk at you soon.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment