Wednesday, 4 August 2021

Touching Base

 Howdy ho there friends!! How’s it going? How’s the week and a bit been? Been good!? Yeah I bet! It’s been well, thanks for asking! Really well! 

Work has been great. Quite rewarding!! I’m made it through the break in period of being a mini boss, and tomorrow I start my journey on my own! It’s honestly something I’ve done a lot on the pipeline and it was my break through gig on the line! Oh, I didn’t say, you say. It’s the shading end of things. So the jobs done and inspected and crates and everything is flowing and all that’s left is covering the pipe up. There’s far more to it than just dumping some dirt on it and walking away!! I wish! 

No, there’s a lot of sand needed to lay the pipe on and we need 300mm of coverage all over the pipe, compacted to an inspectors liking and then layer by layer we cover and compact! It’s about a 16hour gig to do properly! Rules about when the compactor can go on pipe and which compactor and at what height are we to change the directions! 

Ya know and it made me wonder, if we make new rules by learning the hard way, then that’s must of sucked learning that lesson….

Anyhow, I just finished my few days off and spent them really crushing time with the family. Busy busy, seems I need to be at work to relax!! Hahaha. I’m just kidding.

The other day I was working some DMH and I’m not sure if I was looking the best or what, but man I was having fun. Snapping the body into stance, finding that ground! I was really feeling the forms. 

Dragon felt good, I’m positive I’m mixing something up, but that’s cool. Maybe I’m really not and just second guessing myself too much! I really enjoy that form. Just the power and flow, when I do find it, it’s just incredible! Like, the second last technique I keep having this feeling of face palming someone!! Hahaha! I like that even more! 

I wanna tell ya about this chat I had this a real old friend! This is the second guy in the last few weeks frond the past that has reached out to me! It’s a cool feeling, tell ya what! 

So anybow, we rolled together in high school and a bit in adult life, but, parted ways long time ago! I honestly half thought he was passed away until I saw him on the book of faces! It is funny how things work out, after the typical, how are you what are you doing babble, he opened up! He’s looking for someone to help, with different symptoms, but is at that stage of ready to accept, but doesn’t wanna take that plunge yet! And he’s happy with what he’s got!! And that’s just fine I say! Atleast he’s out there getting in touch with the good people and asking the good questions!! 

He asked about getting happier and how to try to beat these bouts of depression. I’m no expert but, I know what I know! I said, finding gratitude in what is in front of me, in my family and home, and just being grateful that it’s not worse, because it could be. The universe gives you exactly what you can handle, it’s gratitude for “the opportunity to get to work on this problem” that makes me smile! 

…from what I’ve heard…from people I really admire…and from what I’ve experienced first hand…

But I digress, I’m tired and fear I’ll start rambling about wrestling and how it’s made me mad!! Like, Getting rid of Bray Wyatt…like who does that???!? Why in gods green earth would you let go one of the hottest names in wrestling today??? Like some of the other talent I can live with, fine…but bray Wyatt?? And then you put Goldberg in the title picture? Goldberg?? Don’t ya mean Oldberg man alive! What is this? The Golden Girls?? Oldberg gave himself a concussion on the last match he was in by smashing his own head against a steel door to get amped up?? Who does that? He practically fell over in his entrance… And then you just about break the undertakers neck, not once but twice!! In the same bloody match! Literally booed outta the ring and a like 18 months later, have another title shot while we lay off the real talent!!! It’s okay to retire with grace and be the literal unstoppable machine from 20 years ago, but this is just trying to light a fart in a tornado….ahhh! That’s right! A fart in a tornado! It stinks and it blows!! And then…


Haha oh well…

Okay dokay! I’ll talk to you later

Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment