Monday, 19 July 2021

Hi!

 Howdy do there everyone!! Well another one down and another group of wins!! Good days indeed. 

I wanna try to paint a picture. We, the crew, were down at this one site we have. There’s a few streams coming into a larger stream, just over there!! I can hear it! So, we had to dig in some enviro fencing! Alot of it! Like 25m worth. It’s a woven fabric that only allows water to flow through, not dirt, not grass, just water! So, it’s gotta be installed underground!  Why, because that’s not where we found the dirt!!! Anyhow, we hear this creek! We all hear the water, we all smell the change in the air, alas all stopped to take a look! We all smiled at each other, nodded and buckled down!! It was last shift of the week, and the days almost over…well, the four of us just buckled down and went to work! We all wanted to go check out the creeks! We worked hard got done early and we all just dropped our shovels where we stood and found a path! 

Oh people, we are all excited and for our little treat. Paths are found and the best thing is, is we all have a great relationship with each other and we say things like, are you skipping rocks or throwing submarines? Our foreman who is the “this is a pipeline not a playground” kinda guy! Smiles when he’s ripping on ya!!  He’s stripped of his boots and socks, pants rolled up and ear to ear grin! The other two are playing about in the woods next to this creek!! I’m squatting by this creek side soaking myself with my hands, ah the cool water soaking into my face and head!! Cooling off from a dog days worth of work! Washing away the caked on sweat!! As I continue to splash water Gord Downie came to mind, 

… I had my hands in the river, my feet back up on the banks 
Looked up to the Lord above and said, "Hey, man thanks" 
Sometimes I feel so good, I gotta scream 

and I did…all of it!  More like a Rick flair Woooo!! Yeah you know it!! Oh it felt so good!! 

Any which way, we hung out for a few more minutes before boss calls it! One more face scrubbing and off we go! 

It’s the little experiences like this, that make the gig even more worth it! 

Kung fu and school I’m having a time maintaining both, and it’s something I’m working on. I’m keeping up with my studies more than anything, so honestly, maintains my Kung fu has become a struggle at times. Not that I do t want to, it’s, just not very committed all the time. Im tired at night! Some nights, it feels like a motion. No commitment. I’m doing this and then this, oh now I’m kicking, blah blah blah. A few nights it’s been solid, not so many, yet! 

After I’ve got time, I’m pretty beat up for the day. So, yeah some nights it’s ready for work and eat and read a few chapters and then it’s tomorrow! Repeat! Ha! I gotta remember Im still getting into the work swing again! 10 months at home! Pfft, got soft! Still sharpening up some of my skills! In good time, I’m confident, I can carve a new  schedule! Re-structure my time into something more efficient! Kinda just winging it, seat o’ my pants! 

Anyhow! I’ll let ya go for now! 


Thanks for your time

Mr.Duncan


No comments:

Post a Comment