Sunday, 24 May 2015

Calm This Storm!!

  Good sunday everyone today, and your damn right its a fine day today. These last three weeks have been terribly hard on the mind and motivation. It feels like I am the only person doing stuff in the house, but that's not true, at all. I have just stepped up my game, and am trying to make my wife's recovery as easy as I can. You know, journeyman stuff. Do not even know you are doing awesome, and continue to be awesome, even when your awesomeness comes to attention.
   Today, is a day that we can officially close one door in our car accident journey. We have done absolutely everything we can to ensure our side of the street is neat and tidy. We now have to wait on everything else. Which we have no control over, so, I can now start to relax and re-focus on kung fu. Yesterday I did not make it to pandamonium because the wife and I where out test driving and shopping for a new vehicle. We bought a nice, newer gmc, pick-up. Before we left to go shopping, we made a pact, no matter what deal we are given, or what any dealership says we will test drive three vehicles. And we walked away from one real good deal, while we were given the its now or never speech! I really wanted to express that, that individual should pound his words and ideas on what we should do, straight up his secret place. But I did not. I tried exceptionally hard to be polite, to give every one the respect they deserve. Whether, they are good people or not, they still need to be treated properly.......I can not believe that just came out of my mouth! After all, they are just trying to make some money as I am, when I am hanging and banging iron about.
  So this week, was all about the spiritual and mental growth. Little to no actual kung fu happened. I was wrapped up with the family and that is where I needed to be. Standing up tall for my family, not out back doing forms and reps. A couple weeks ago, in a blog I mentioned that I had not done a lot of growth except in the physical part of kung fu. Well, that is no longer the case. I realize now, that these last few weeks was an opportunity to grow internally. I asked and my higher power gave. I am glad everything has worked out exactly how it has worked out. Everyone is physically and mentally okay. So, really, I just needed to be cool and learn my place.
   I was chilling with some great friends on Thursday night, talking and sharing experience, strength and hope amongst ourselves. I shared with them, what I feel is my place in this car accident. Its out back. The strong silent support that you need sometimes. The support you need that does not involve words. It involves silent love. My place is to the side, supporting my wife and kids. Not on the front lines. Not this fight and not needed. On Friday night, I was still kind of struggling with that idea, and I figured that I should have control of what and where our next vehicle comes from. So before I started to spew my vomit of hate all over the place, I asked for help from another great friend of mine. I had a good idea of what was coming my way, but all of the time, I need to hear those words. Again I was re-enforced my place in this situation. To the side, ensuring that my support is there, but not vocalized. Just be there to help guide the ship. Make sure bills are paid for, and be cool man, just be cool.
   So, yes, my numbers have fallen, but, I am learning so much more than how to count. The fact that I can do 1000 push-ups in a week is really cool, and I have not done that recently, but the fact that I don't have to even get frustrated and angry over vehicles and all other petty stuff, is amazing. I have learnt so much in I Ho Chaun so far, and only about 25% of what I have learnt is kung fu movements. (forms, strikes, etc). Really the rest is about being a proper human being, not a bag of meat. Learning to feel peoples positions in life. Learning how to deal with people, with out the urge to smash someone's head into my fist. Just, deal with people. Wow, who would have thunk that? Willy is learning what calm and collective thoughts are. I am learning to breath in a stressful situation. Not hold and bulldoze through. This is an amazing journey. Thanks to all, for your patience in these trying times and now, that my live is almost back to "normal" I will be around far more than before.
   One last quick note, I am so grateful for Him keeping my plate full. The struggles the heart-aches, the pain, the progress and the break through. Every single day has made me who I am today.


Thanks for your time today.
See you soon
Mr.Duncan

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great Mr. Duncan, it's hard to change so much in what is really such a short period of time. The control I am learning to take over my temper and negative thinking is what's benefitting me the most and I'm sure it will be for you too. Keep it up, it's awesome to hear about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay calm and control the mind....it's amazing what our lives turn into once this can be achieved. It's great to hear the direction you are taking!

    ReplyDelete