Sunday, 17 May 2015

Quick Hello

Well it is nice to see you again. What a glorious day it is today! Farmers market today in the beach. That means mini donuts. I love mini donuts. The only reason I go. Well, I am a very busy fellow today so, I got to make this short and sweet. Another absolutely chaotic week with lawyer meetings and insurance, buying a new vehicle and everything else that is coming our way. Things are coming to a close, slower than expected, but it is happening. Progress. I have been wanting to re-do the surface of our back deck this year, but it just doesn't seem to want to happen. It is gonna look nice when it is done. Extend the deck to the west and make like a bbq area on the deck. On the other side I want to install a sink, to wash our garden veggies in, but I need to do deck first. It is going to look sweet when it is done, "when", is the huge word here.


    One huge thing I have had to learn so far in this challenge is patience. Today, adding up my numbers, I felt a feeling of panic almost. I was like ahh, I am so far behind, I don't even know what number I should be at. Quickly, I managed to push that thought out of my mind. Is the goal not to be better than before? Well, that I am accomplishing. Maybe not at the pace that is expected or asked of me, but I am making progress. Even with everything in my life as a fricken tornado, I am getting better, one long day at a time. Now comes the question of the numbers I am going to be short on. What about those numbers? Well, what about them? I do not know how to respond to that question. I could just lie and say I will make it up on another date. Or, I have time off coming up, then I will make up the missing numbers. Maybe that will happen, maybe not. I cannot say what is and what is not going to happen. That is an obvious fact. I was going to turn my truck into an awesome race truck, with like 1000 hp, and a screaming loud exhaust, and yes be that guy. But, trucks gone, so there goes that plan. Life changes so drastically, so quickly, that I can not really say what is or is not going to happen. I wish I could, but, then, how much fun would life be. If we always knew exactly what is going to happen next, life would be kind of boring, do you not think? I know I would be bored outta my skull.


   I am really excited for my stick form. I have learnt so much with the stick in the last few months. It really is a lot of fun. At times, I like to really push myself and my speed factor. Sometimes the stick goes for a ride, kind of like Friday night. At least people got a chuckle out of it!! I was terribly bored with kempo I, and so I was not doing kempo. Not cool, that is my hand form, and reps are down. Last week, sifu, showed us Kempo II, Sweet, re-engaged in the hand forms. Reps are back up. Hahaha! Success!!


Well, I do have to get to planting the garden and some other chores, so until next, stay classy people.
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading your posts each week and the excitement you share with all of us.

    ReplyDelete