Hey there everyone. How's your night. Its weird sitting at the computer on a Saturday night. Loser. haha. Just kidding!! I will be on the road to visit my baby sister tomorrow and thus, will have no time to write on sunday. So, this week was freaking spectacular! I had some real good conversations with some real fantastic people this week. From opening up to others and sharing the more intimate details of what has been transforming inside of me has really helped with the healing process. I still have some work that I want to do to myself. Like take another honest look at myself, just to make sure I have gotten the skeletons in my closet out and in the open. I have to be fearless and thorough. I have to show that to my demons. The ones that are hiding, in that corner over there, might scare me, but I have the power. They cannot take that power from me. Only I can give that power to them. The power of who is going to conquer who. And guess what, I ain't losing this time. I wont back down. I won't stop until I have exercised every demon in my mind. That will take time and love, but, I have the time and the love. So look out you scary little guy. Willie's going to step on your head!!
I really want to share this with everyone though. Last sunday afternoon, I was doing some combos then freestyle on the heavy bag. Rotating between the two. I was giving her on some freestyle when it happened. I could feel this warmth in my belly. A lot like chi in the belly after a great meditation session. And this feeling keeps growing and growing. Soon, I am not paying attention to the punches and kicks, but to the warmth in my belly. So, I am kind of freaked out. I mean it feels like chi, but its different. Its more powerful. Its cleaner, its way more awesome then before!! But, it scared me. The unknown, the new and not sure of what this is, scared me. I stopped and was like what is going on here. Never have I felt a sensation this strongly. Never! But, this feeling was starting to dissipate as I stopped training, so I took a moment, cleared my mind of what was in my belly and went back to the movements. And kablowey, my punches and kicks were, faster, stronger, more purposeful. This came and went for the last ten minutes of my training. And I had to stop. The last time it came it really scared me. Straight up, I was like what is going on? Seriously what is this. Good gracious me! So, I had to walk away. Later sunday night, like around 9:30ish, I go back to the heavy bag. I did not concentrate on anything but combinations. To my surprise, my hands were on fire. Not a painful feeling. But wonderful and warm. I could feel this up around half way up my forearms and all through my hands. It really seemed, my hands had a mind of their own. Like, I was directing traffic, but, they did what they wanted. It seemed I was a step behind my hands. My mind was thinking the first move and my hands were on the second movement. This happened for, about thirty minutes or so, and I had to stop. It was over-whelming. Too much too fast.
With that being said. I did, see the growth internally. I did welcome it, but, it was overwhelming. realizing that I can not do this on my own, I threw out an email to sifu. He assured me it was for the best. Do not stop or push these feeling away. It is positive growth. Accept it. Yeah, okay sifu, awesome. Monday, it still was on my mind, so I talked to another sifu, and what I thought would be a quick conversation, turned to a very intimate and detailed conversation, which I am exceptionally grateful for. That was an amazing conversation. and amazing results came flying out of that conversation. Awesome!!! I am so lucky to be involved with Silent River. What a place man, what a place.
Also, this week, I have needed to fill my time with something other than abusing. Yes I know kung fu, but you know, with my mind racing I wanted to educated myself on a mystical creature that I have always had a love for. Dragons. I drew my first dragon around the age of 8. Since then, I have loved and revered them. I have drawn hundreds of all different sizes and types. The western dragon, doesn't quite work for me. I don't believe an animal with that kind of grace power and wisdom, would just destroy everything, just because. And I did not know much on the eastern dragons until this week. And holy cow, is there ever a lot to the dragon in Chinese culture. Wow. I leant a lot, but, realized, I don't know much about them. So, more research!! What I have learnt is good stuff. One dragon in particular, really stuck out to me. Now, my info is from the internet....so how true it is, I don't know. In any event. There is one of the nine dragon decedents/children, named Pi Xiu. He has the head of a dragon, the body of the horse, feet of a pigmy. (Not sure of the feet, please correct if I am wrong). Now the thing that struck me on this dragon in particular is what he represents. Is mouth is wide open to attract wealth from all directions for his owner, but his teeth are some of the largest of all the dragons. This is because he draws in evil spirits and drains their energies to create wealth. Not just cash flow. Wealth of the mind, body and spirit. Apparently, he is one of the most loyal dragons that are out there. As in, only his owner, or the home owner(s) are allowed to pet his back. If any one else does, he ruins their wealth and their luck. But do not stroke his face, for it is disastrous for any party to do such a thing. And the traditions and cleansing ceremonies needed to invite Pi Xiu into your home are really intense, from what I have read. That's awesome stuff, right there. I do not know how I stumbled upon that, but, I did. And I am glad I found that out. That's so cool.
Kung fu was great this week. Some numbers down, slightly, but others were really high. Awesome. This week, was, just awesome to be a martial artist. There were too many events or things that happened, that, I can not ignore. The obvious signs keep whacking me in the face and, today, I know I am on the right path. This is the only path for me, right now. Who knows what will happen tomorrow. But today, I am in a good place with some great friends. And truly, that is all I care about.
Finally, everyone who reached out and threw me a hey ya how ya doing. Thank you very much. I very much appreciate every ones words and thoughts. I knew, I wasn't alone, but everyone's actions, made that fact exceptionally apparent. You all rock!!
Okay everybody, I will talk to you later.
Have a nice week and see you soon
Mr.Duncan
You have amazing strength and perseverance Mr. Duncan. Just keep believing in yourself.
ReplyDeleteYou have amazing strength and perseverance Mr. Duncan. Just keep believing in yourself.
ReplyDelete