Good day to all!! Lets get to business shall we. So this past week has been very invigorating. A few realisations hit hard, and some understandings came fast and furious. Lets go back to last weekend. The forms seminar. I was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to learn the school's dragon technique. And like I said last week, it was amazing. The technique itself, is a serious challenge. This is way above my pay grade, but, I love a good challenge, especially in a passions. Then last sunday, I had to exercise my last demon, that I know of. And while I was taking care of business, the dragon kept coming to me. Stayed on the for-front of my mind. You know, I had some serious business to take care of and distractions, needed to be at a minimum. But, these thoughts about the form I just learnt, were not overly distracting. They were very, very empowering. So, I paused and thought, why was I allowed to learn this technique? Why was I allowed to have this gift? What is the greater lesson here? And kaboom, right in the face. It hit me. I needed to learn this form, so I could learn the true value of forward, unstoppable motion. When I work my outside programs, I need forward smashing motions. No time to look into the past and stay there. Look into the past, find the issue, pull it into the daylight and then destroy it. Okay, I thought and I applied that thought to my program. Demons chased, tormented, taunted, and then finally exercised. Man, I could seriously see the image of a dragon in my mind, chasing demons out of dark corners, picking them up and dragging them, kicking and screaming, to the for-front. Oh, it feels so good to have a clear conscious, again.
As the week wore on, I kept remembering the lessons that the dragon taught me and I kept thinking, how can I apply this technique to my life. I must pause for a second and say this. I have found, that while doing this technique, I have got to have a clear mind. I cannot go through the motions, in my mind while trying to conduct this form. I must be calm and clear-minded. I love the opening to this technique. The foot stomp. Here I am you...people. Hear me roar!! I just applied those thoughts to my daily activities and wowie, what results. I kept asking how can I continue to embrace this gift and utilise it to the best of my abilities? That one came quickly. One foot in front of the other. Keep moving forward and honestly dismantle the challenges as they come. And this past week at work went fantastic. Confidence was kept high. There was no second guessing myself. I would give my crew directions and not feel the need to second guess my directions. I tried very hard to give clear, concise directions. I feel I had great success as a leader at work, this week, thanks to the gift I have recently been given.
So, I also pondered, how can I make this technique work in my fighting style? To the heavy bag!! And to the heavy bag I went. Thursday night, I spent the better part of an hour and a half, figuring and thinking and doing some more figuring. I have found the connection between my style and dragon style. I worked hard at getting the two to work as one. I feel, I made a huge connection. This honestly feels like these combos have always been inside of me, and now these combos have seen the light and just came screaming out of me. Movements clicked. Motions made immediate sense. And the flow. That did not come until, I received some great help Saturday at open training. But, now, the flow is on fire. Friday, I received some great feedback about protecting myself during these combos. Today, I woke up and realised, I now have a new piece of artillery, that's equivalent to an atomic bomb. Yeah, that's right a fricken huge life altering weapon.
I can not express the amount of love I have for this technique. Who would have known, that seven movements, would have such a huge impact on my life. That's it. Seven moves. But, it is very calculated. No wasted energy. Absolutely every ounce of everything I have, in seven very destructive movements. Love it!!!
Speaking of dragons, the dragon dance I feel is coming awesome. Go team dragon!! Like I have said, this dragon dance is going to be stellar. And then to throw a lion dance in there and have the two interact. SWEET!! This is going to be just....amazing. I am really looking forward to watching this evolve. Then to be a part of it for all to see and gawk at. That's powerful stuff. Time to step up the involvement and intentions. Time to really make this happen. I hope all can attend and be apart of the dragon. But, what is even more powerful than that, is the demo. We are doing the demo and them blamo, Mr.Repay jumps on in, on his part and fits right in. Awesome. I was inspired to watch that happen. It changed a few things, and the length of a few peoples parts, but, I mean, everything seemed to work well. Man alive, I was floating high after that. Unfortunately, the team is loosing a huge teammate, in a few days, for a fair bit of time. That's cool though. Mr.Sollinger leads by example and has shown the rest of the team, just what exactly needs to be done, to make this demo as epic as it can be. So not to worry my friend, I will do what I can to fill the void until you return from your awesome trip. Have a great time!!
And finally, kung fu has really come back to me. The last few weeks, were terrible. But, that's okay. I needed to feel the value not doing much, to truly appreciate the value of doing these requirements. Too bad, I lost so much ground in the process. Meh, not to worry, I will bounce back quickly. For me, I cannot appreciate the good times, if I forget all about bad times. You don't know how good the light feels, until you fall back into the darkness. Obviously, I needed a reminder. Okay I learnt my lesson. Quit becoming so darn complacent, in everything I do. Try paying attention to the little things in life. Try being humble again, Will. Maybe just for today.
So, that is all for now.
Can not wait to see everyone again soon!
Mr.Duncan
Sheesh Mr. Duncan, first seeing the Dragon form for my first time, performed by you and then reading this...really cool.
ReplyDeleteSheesh Mr. Duncan, first seeing the Dragon form for my first time, performed by you and then reading this...really cool.
ReplyDelete