Why hello there. Saturday is here and the blog is early. Sunday I will be working again and today I get to go celebrate my youngest birthday party. Turning four he is. Fantastic. He is running in circles he is so excited. Well, I do not have much time to spare so lets get to it shall we?
So, another week has passed with lots and lots of work involved. Winter is here and this is usually when my work kicks into high gear. Me and the crew where asked to go to the new Edmonton tower and help the boys hit their deadlines. My partner and I said to each other, so, we are going to take over this project, and we have. Our crew went from four to eight. My partner made foreman and the old foreman is now working with us. Yeah, we took over!! Hahaha. Its what we do. Awesomeness and efficiency can not be overlooked, and our hard work has been rewarded. And because of these changes we forced at work, we have been asked to stay the duration of the project!! Four to five more months of seven tens, with possible twelve's, if needed.
Obviously kung fu has had to slow down and take a backseat role for now. Kung fu in the physical sense I should say. I have had more and more meetings and dealings with people, that time and energy has been desired from me. That's cool. I now like to help. Things from sparring change and smokes to giving a homeless person five or ten minutes to hear part of their story. I have found that yeah, there are lots of less fortunate that just want someone to listen and there are those to, who wish to do harm to others. I was stopped on the street by an older couple and listened to their story. Unfortunately, the sixty year old lady went into the soup kitchen to donate her time and was punched in the face by some loser. So, I do not think they will be back at that kitchen. But, the lesson from her conversation will always stay with me. She started talking to me about "those people" with hatred and racism. I really can not blame her, but I do not need to share the same views. Yes, I was not randomly punched by some psycho, but, I can feel the psychos pain and hatred. Once, I was at that point in live where I would randomly hurt happy people just wanting to help. I too, met aid with violence, so I can empathise. This lady told me you can not trust any Indian. I responded well you are native as well and you seem to be good people. She says, I am not an Indian, I am native American. There is a difference. Oh, I see. Okay. I see the analogy. So we parted ways after we finished our cigarettes and wished each other fair travels. She left me with lots to think about and even more to ponder and contemplate on my part in the situation. Even though, I had absolutely nothing to do with the whole situation, I can still be part of the solution. For one, I can start to look beyond the homelessness of it and start seeing them as humans, again. I can look beyond the skin tone and start looking at people as brothers and sisters in this thing we call humanity. Okay. I get the lesson. I silently thanked those two people who gave me their time and their lessons.
Secondly, last week I had an atomic bomb dropped in my world. Through emails that I was not supposed to see, I learnt that my daughter will not be allowed to visit or hang out or talk to me near as much as we have been. Instead of sitting all parties down and pounding out our differences her grandparents decided to cut me and my family out and put her in counselling. Only recently has she developed bad habits, like lying and not studying. Only because of me has she developed these traits. Really!! Is that so! Sounds to me like someone needs to look at their part and maybe take ownership of their actions. I know for a fact I did nothing wrong but answer ignorance with knowledge and lies with truth. They do not like that I have told my daughter the truth. They do not like that kido wants to spend time with me as opposed to them. That's fine. You are going to rip her away from a positive role model who only wants her to be happy, for your own selfishness. Now I understand that parts of what I am saying are strictly emotional and may not be entirly true, but, when you have heard some of the things I have heard from kido and my mother, then to hear the fear in their voices when I show up to pick up kido, you can only think what I think. I try to be in tune with peoples emotions when they speak and I hear fear and hatred. I would be skeptical too.
So, what does all of these recent lessons mean? Lots. There are lots of lessons here to be had. Tolerance. Love. Kindness. Patience. Everything I need more practice in. What am I going to do about this. Last time, I tried to light their house on fire. Hahaha! Fortunately I had people who refused to leave me alone for a few days while I calmed down. This time, I am going to light something on fire but it will not be their house. I could be angry, sad, fall into a depression and just want to hide in the corner. But, I will not. I will not give them the satisfaction of seeing me hurting. One, because I am not hurting. I did nothing wrong, this time. I was open and honest. I do not feel bad about anything that I did. I feel great about the small amount of time I had with my daughter. I feel we made huge progress. And two, more importantly, is they have motivated me, like you do not know. I will make them eat their words, not through anger and hatred, but by being absolutely amazing. Be being the exact opposite of what they think and then some. I will prove to them, through example, they messed up. So I owe them a thank you for throwing wood on this already scorching fire. This fire has absolutely consumed me. Now, not only do I look, how to be better, but whether I have the courage to help or not, I will help. I will step out of comfortable situations to be better than I ever imagined. You messed up son, now eat your hatred filled words. Here let me force feed your terrible decisions. and while I am shoving your terrible decisions politely, down your throat. I hope you choke on them. Then maybe you might open your eyes and see what damage you are causing. That is fine keep blaming me. Good! Do it! Come on! Keep fueling my fire. Come on you can do better than that. Really lay it on me. I know you want to so bring it on, fire trucks. I have already dealt with my part. I know exactly where I stand in this whole situation. I will continue to grow and evolve, and leave you in the dust. Hahaha. Here comes willie!!
The old why so serious part of me keep screaming back at me. I am not fearful of it, but embracing it. The crazy side wants to come out and I let him. But, instead of being silly about things, its all about motivation. I have goals that will be accomplished in the sheep year. To achieve some of the numbers, going to be near impossible, but I will not label them impossible. More like a really great goal to hit. Year of the monkey? Yeah buddy. Going to rock that out of the park too. But with patience.
Can you dig it?
Can you dig it, suckas!!
(remember the Warriors movie? Right at the beginning the gang leader talking to all the gangs? Uniting them all as one? Yeah that's what I feel like for like the last week!!)
Yeah, that's right, im back. And better than ever. Messed with the wrong cat. I really want to drop some colourful language to really emphasise my part, but I don't want to insult or give the wrong impression of me.
So, for right now, that is all. I need to get going for this party for my boy. I hope everyone has a great day and a better dragon practice.
Thanks for your time and I will see you soon.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment