Monday monday, here it has been! Lets start off by apologizing on the late blog. Yesterday was a day I really wanted to lie down and rest. Pancakes, pajamas, and blog. That was my plan for sunday. But, alas there were other plans planned for me. See here, the boys wanted me to go to their Christmas bingo game. I don't do bingo. Yesterday, I did bingo. And, you know, I was quite appreciative of the opportunity. There are people I know from around town and such. Was nice to see them again. I did not really talk to anyone. But, I did not cause harm with any negativity. I was pleasant and happy to be there. I was polite when approached. I carried quick and short conversations with whom I did speak with. Good times, indeed.
I had noticed something when it comes to aok's. The things I did to start taking down numbers have become so engrained, I don't even notice I am doing them anymore. Not just that but, I have more confidence to do more than just holding a door, or having a quick conversation with someone. Like this older lady was having a heck of a time overcoming the conveyor stairs at west Edmonton mall. So I walked up to her. I was as nervous as she was. I smiled and promised it will be okay. I extended my hand. She took it and we held hands while she stepped onto the moving stairs. It was a really cool feeling when we were all done with the conveyor stairs. Yeah, that was neat. My wife was floored. haha. First for everything I suppose!
The family life has been on fire. My time with Kido has been a blast. She is a really cool person. All she wants to do is help. My boys have been stuck to me like glue and its all real fantastic events. It would be nice if she would come to the house and hang out for a while, but, all in good time. I wish so bad, but one day. Maybe even soon. Meh, who knows. I do know my boys are just itching to play and hang with kido. I understand how that would be a lot. I mean, two completely different upbringings. Hers has been quiet and kind of peaceful, and ours is, well, two boys who like smashing.....everything. Ha. What a mind smashing that would be.
Kung fu has been coming along very nicely. Sifu has been pushing the class on a few items. I really like those classes were you are pushed hard. And re-enforcing foot work. Expressing its importance. I really appreciate working with sifu, for just those reasons. The basics. Keep the basics shiny. We learn lots on this journey of kung fu. Lots of forms and movements. Lots of different techniques. Advanced and basic things. But the goal is always the basics. "Yeah, you can do lots of cool stuff, but if your stances is bad, then you have nothing." I find myself, consciously, looking at my stances, ensuring proper form. I can feel it now, like when I'm out. Even just a touch. Especially now that its been pointed out a few times. The awareness of bad form is very high. I'm always thinking about it now. Its a great place to keep looking at for improvement.
I have my sights set on the escrima sticks this up and coming year. To the point that I near forgot about a stick form I have to show. Not really forgot, but backburnered. Oops. I haven't been spending a lot of time with the stick. Last week sifu asked if I could help the class, with some stick. That in itself really kicked my behind to get back on the stick form and keep polishing. I have a move I would like to integrate, but, I also, do not want to sabotage myself or my stick form. Having a move half figured out then trying to show some pile of dung to the public. No thanks. If I want that eye for detail to work for me, I kind of need to be unbiased, and not settle for less than I can truly produce, especially in my stick form.
Well every one, its another day in a few hours. I will see you soon.
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment