Sunday, 17 January 2016

Lessons

   Well happy Sunday everyone! How was everyone's week? Mine was busy. We pushed hard to make deadlines at work and we met them. The crew pulled together and managed to smash off this floor. Was a nice feeling and good to see. As the week wore on, everybody got tired and started to make things personal I guess. But, we managed to hold it together until the end. It's a kindergarten class at times, but that's the challenge. Not falling to those lower plateaus if you might. Truly I'm just there for a cheque. I'd rather be almost any where other than work, but hey it's a necessary evil. I am just not fond of the games people like to play. Trying to hoop another for personal reasons. Because you don't like that I stand up for myself. And I will tell you what I think of you when pushed into a corner. This week, I kept it real and when was being lashed at, I smiled. I nodded. Karma did come back and the fellow him tried to screw me out of two weeks pay came out looking like the fool. That was very satisfying. No pissing matches and no verbal assaults. I think I took it like a champ. I had my own opportunity to speak my side to the right people, not throwing random emails to random people. Later this week, I watched people try to screw another because they have this feeling of repented insignificance. I was thoroughly disgusted, with what I watched happen. I don't like to get involved but I was watching a friend get put down for some, again, personal reasons and gain. Not cool. So I informed the said individuals of what might come. I didn't like getting involved, but I will not stand idle when my friends are getting hooped.
    Out of these events that transpired at work, I learnt some very valuable lessons. And some very valuable morals where re-enforced in my mind. Ego and pride. The usual killers of self-respect. Both events mentioned, killed respect of others. The last thing you want to do in my business is show the colours of a rat. That will kill your job possibilities. It hurts the professional reputation of the culprits. Now, what can I learn from this. If I have a problem with someone, the most professional and personal way of dealing with it, is approaching the person, and discussing it like humans. If that doesn't go well, then, I need to pause and ask myself this very important question. Is this going to matter in a day, or a week? If the answer is no, then maybe, the issue is something to do with me inside. Not the other person. Jealousy or something else is the burning issue. And maybe I should not be witch hunting to make myself feel better.
    Something else this week is that I had another great chance to work with a friend from Thursday nights. I have learnt from the mistakes from last time I worked with a fellow. I stayed open and receptive, but I laid out clear guidelines and boundaries. With the last guy, maybe I did I not lay it out there clear enough. Maybe. So today, I made sure things where very black and white. I made sure, there was no miscommunication. I expressed that if guidelines are not followed and adhered to, I would not be chasing him down. We had a fantastic conversation for a few hours and I feel things went well.  He was asking all sorts of questions.  Great stuff, I see what Sifu means now. When people ask questions it really shows engagement. I was trying to give my knowledge of a program, and he was honestly trying to pick it up. Woot woot.
     Kung fu again was awesome this week.  Working on some grappling in class and I'm enjoying it. It's a good challenge of the basics. Each shoulder roll, should be hopefully, better than the last. Also, I incorporated a new move into my stick form and was really nervous about practicing it this late in the game. originally I was going to leave it out, but out of guidance of someone saying, just do it. I'm making it work. Things looked not bad, but defiantly lots and lots of practice is needed. But, ya know what, I feel great about it and it's going to turn out ask. I know it. So onward with you. onward.  Keep going, no need to stop now. I'm excited for next year, but that is next year. let's keep thing in the right perspective and keep focused on what is at hand.  Today. I am really excited for  the monkey year. I have a feeling it's going to be another great year for Kung fu folks.
    And having kids at class Friday night was really nice. I was so excited I forgot to take care of the things I said I would do Friday night. Pick up my stuff and drop off molla for the banquet. Haha. Oops. Next week.

   But in any event, i guess that's it for now. I hope to see everyone shortly.
Humbly yours
Mr.Duncan
























No comments:

Post a Comment