Sunday, 7 February 2016

And Now For Monkey

   Good sunday to you! what a beautiful day so far. Well,  tomorrow the year of the monkey comes alive. And so, new goals and challenges to look forward to. Sheep was a fantastic journey to say the least. This year of the monkey, I have tools from experience to work with. Today, I feel really good about moving into this next year. I have learnt so much about using my time appropriately and the value of a schedule. Writing things down or reminder notes. All sorts of new tools to use in this next year. And there are things I am doing again, that I so very much enjoyed in the past. Like building up and dreaming up a new form. I really enjoy that part. Oh, I like practicing the form and making it look sweet as well, but the creative initial build up is just a whole lot of fun. So, the escrima has been a real challenge thus far. Friday night, I had a break through, with lots of help from Sifu. He showed some of the basics and gave me some things to work and play with. Awesome. I asked another sifu for more help and she was happy to help. and I was like awesome! This is a great night. When I got home, I thought, man, I better have something to work with. Ten minutes later there appears the very beginnings of a new form!! Fantastic.
   Another very valuable tool in our tool box. The value of asking for help. When I get my fat ego out of the way, asking for help is so easy. When I figure I got this, is really when I need the most help. My mind, it likes to lie to me, saying things like nope I don't need nothing from no one. Even though the spirit is like, whoa, that's not right. haha, then I'm arguing with myself again. Its amusing today. Like, arguing with myself. It used to be terribly aggravating. Today, its mostly an amusement. I don't do it nearly as much today as I did one year ago, so, its not so much of a bother today. Learning to find peace inside of me. That's really special to me.
  I have a book now, specifically for forms and techniques. I'm going to make a honest effort to write or sketch in there every day. Staying engaged through writing and creating again. That was huge for me in the beginning of last year. And I see the value and I can, again, implement that right there.
  For me, the date as silly as it is, means I can close the door on almost everything from last year. Not forget, just straight up move on. Take the lessons and gifts I got, and keep moving forward. For some reason, today is like a breath of fresh air. Its the "new goals, new days" thought running in the head now. I am excited about my new goals moving forwards. Lots of room for adaptation and changing things up. Looking back, the stick form took all year to get to where it is at now. It could have come sooner if i keep taking notes on it. Far more speed bumps and slow downs when I wasn't taking notes on the stick. So, moving forwards, the escrima sticks, I realize, will take me all year to put together. So, I don't have to be so hard on myself, when I do hit wall, just trust the system and keep doing my part. Keeping the book close and opening it up and reading and sketching when I draw a blank or pull a "I don't want to". Always something going on up there. Just continue to put onto paper.
  I am looking forward to push ups and sit ups as sadistic as that sounds. But, like was said on Saturday, learning to squeeze an extra effort here and there thorough my day is the real challenge. And again the topic of time management. Mindfulness of where am I, what am I doing? Small increments. The little things do add up. Add up to something awesome.
   I am really excited for the new years celebration. Its going to be epic. Yeah. Great Scott that's exciting. I really have to make sure my form is polished and shiny. All of our hard work and determination comes down to the celebration. I'm really excited for this day. I honestly can not wait to see everything put together. makes me all excited to think about. The biggest thing is to remember to enjoy the night and have some fun. Something that was pointed out. Maybe I should smile a little more Have a little more fun. Remember that's a big reason why I do kung fu. Because I enjoy it. Because its fulfilling and so much fun. Thanks for that reminder Sifu. Thumbs up! With big ol' smiles! Another gift in I Ho Chuan. The team. Everyone here is extraordinary and has something awesome to teach that is unique to themselves. That's good stuff man. I'm still learning that lesson. But its progressive to what it was a year ago. Good stuff.


Well, I fear I am rambling, yet again, so I will say Good day to you!
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment