Well good morning to everyone out there in internet land. What a great week it has been. You know yesterday was a fantastic day. Just me and my boys on a road trip to Calgary. It was great. My boys where fantastic the entire trip. We went to a tattoo artist for a consultation. I love my tattoos. My tattoos tell a story. My story, just in picture form. Every major step or chapter in my life has been documented on my body. Well, we have time, so ill tell you what they mean to me. The joker on my fore arm represents the demons I faced when I sobered up, and just how crazy I do go, if I were to go back drinking. I have two skulls on my upper arm. One for my cousin, who lost the battle to addictions and alcoholism. one for myself and all that I lost in my battles with alcoholism. My grim reaper came to me in a drug induced frenzy. So, my next tattoo will be a dragon. Surprise, surprise. This dragon represents the un-dying spirit and breath of life that will not stop running through my body. I went to see this artist, because he specializes in Asian artwork. When I source out my tattoos, I really look for the fine details. I look at the artwork, I look for the little details. Details in the eyes or, counting out the scales. I'm very particular to whom puts an ink pen to me.
So, with that being said, the physical side of kung fu. Great. I'm really happy with the progress that has come. I have made great progress with the escrimas. The double articulation in particular. Now here's something cool. On Friday night I was playing around and I found the zone. in my mind, body spirit with the escrima. While doing the double articulation, I was listening to the escrimas singing. Yes, singing! I closed my eyes and just listened and heard. That was amazing. There's a few spots in the double articulation that I need to continue to work on, to keep the singing completely continuous, but it was a fantastic feeling.
I do not know what is so different about the escrimas, as opposed to the stick, but, when I pick them up, I feel, different. I absolutely love the escrimas. I start playing with them and all sorts of awesome techniques come flying out. For now, I really enjoy getting inside and just dismantling people up close and personal. I do enjoy staying outside and blasting people, but, inside is my favorite. I am working on stripping opponents weapons right now. that's cool stuff. Thursday night I was working a fair amount with sifu playter and he showed me all sorts of really wicked techniques. Thursday was a night of learning and making progress. Loved it.
And onto the Thursday night classes. I enjoy having Fridays back. On the other side, my meetings are on Thursdays and there is the clash ideals that run through my mind. I need very much kung fu and my outside meetings. Both are important, both mean the world to me. But, I can not do both at the same time. So, one has to give for the other. Balance is what I need. What am I to do? I feel strong enough to miss one outside meeting a month. For now. The strength will come, I hope and I can spend more time in I Ho Chuan class. So, for the time being, the fourth Thursday of every month I will be in class. Depending on how I feel mentally I will try to do the second Thursday as well, but, no promises. The question is being begged to ask. How will I show team commitment, on the nights I am not there? Well, I will be posting videos with a short write up of what I am doing. And more importantly, I feel this is the best way to stay engaged with missing classes. I missed two meetings in a row and its been a real mental struggle. It has been tough to keep, my thoughts, words and actions in order, but, friends from my program are just a short phone call away. So are the teammates. I need to remember everyone is here to help everyone. I am not alone any more. So, even though I am not there in body, I will be there in spirit and on the website thing.
So, that's all that I know today
Thanks for your time and thoughts
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment