A great sunday today. So, this week has been a pretty good week. Busy at work. Class has been lots of fun. Working with the stick in class is a nice refresher. I haven't picked up the stick since the new years celebration, so, it has been great fun. A little rusty but, good no the less.
This week I had a couple of break thrus with my weapon. I do believe I have figured out a few different approaches to blocking and striking against two opponents at once. I was not too sure on some of the mechanics of the spear. I have seen a fantastic spear form many many times. So I had a good idea, but never practiced with a spear, so I did not quite understand. I got some help from sifu. played with the spear for a few minutes, got some of the techniques down. Now I have a better understanding of the weapon I am trying to defend against. Good stuff! I have changed a technique or two in the escrima form, and I feel much better about the form all in all. I got to work on flow, for now. I have a great form put together, now its time to make it flow.
The hand form. This is a lesson is what this is. Haha. Building this form is a lesson all right. One of patience and humility. You know, though, I do enjoy it. Just every thing about it. The trials and errors. I will try a few different techniques, and then I will think what if this happens or that happens. Then i am off trying different techniques for different scenarios. I am not looking for perfection right off the bat. No I look for how it feels. Sloppy or not you know if you enjoy a movement or not. Do I like the way it feels? That's the real question. So, lots of trials. I am learning a lot about, well, a lot. Especially centering. That is coming along nicely. Staying down in my stance really helps, with flow and just with stability. Sometimes i get carried away and start standing up with out knowing it. But paying close attention to stances and centering for the last little while is paying off. I have started to build that unconscious movement. The little tweaks my body makes. The little things our bodies want to naturally do. Recognizing what my body naturally wants to do, and building with it. In a sense, allowing flow to guide and build the hand form. I am just here to enjoy the ride. And that is something I can do.
Even with saying all that above, This small little voice pips up, in my head. No, you don't want to show this, its crap. "People with think you are a little more special than then already do!" Haha. I know right?!? But the voice today is much quieter than it was last year. This years I.H.C. I feel much calmer. Not so riled up about things in general. I have gathered confidence in myself, from what i accomplished from last year. This year isn't so much of a shell shock, for me. Learning what worked last year and applying them this year again, I find I can really zero in on what tasks are at hand. Whether it be playing, working or kung fuing. Staying positive is easy, when I focus on the little things. The kids smiles, their laughter. Their love. I live for that stuff.
Well, I guess that is all.
Have a good week. See you soon.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment