Sunday, 13 March 2016

Today

Why good Sunday night! It's been a weekend. A week at that.  Lots of fantastic events happening all over. Class has been great. Brushing up on the basics making sure things are solid. Lots on stances and movement. That's great. What's troublesome is practicing with the mini horse wanting to play! So, while bane and I tear the house apart while wrestling, I am incorporating techniques on the dog.  Like round house kicks...no I'm kidding. Hand movements.  Open palm and practicing that "feel" on the for-arms.  It's actually a lot of fun. Gotta watch for teeth though.  Keep him away from his teddy to long and he gets a little miffed and starts to bite. That's when it gets fun. Smart dog he is, Bane. I enjoy watching his eyes while we wrestle. You can truly see him processing, as I found out.  Right so, we are in the hallway and I present his Cookie Monster, with head attached by a string or two, up for play. Bane comes straight in to pounce and I "raise the guard" and the dog stops and goes for a side attack.  Boom, after seeing that movement a couple of times, he adapts to the situation. I was kinda surprised! Impressed, I was!
   Even the families wrastling is filled with Kung fu.  Great fun, I really gotta be on game, with my oldest, man he's fast and mean. Kidneys!! Ahh, on fire, little bugger! Still good fun though. I do enjoy. Speaking of which, man, I was blessed this weekend. My kido, came and hung out for the day! That's fantastic, that's what that is.  Oh, sweet times! That's right there, having my baby kido back in my arms and watching all three just play, was a sweet dream come true.  The abundance of joy in my heart and soul is a little overwhelming, to be honest...that's what what almost five years of just trying to do better than yesterday gets  a guy like me. A second chance. Deep down, that's all I ever wanted, was a second chance with her, and here it is! It really feels good. Warms my heart. Makes a guy shed grateful tears
    Miss Gibbons blog really hit a cord or two, which lead up to the gifts mentioned above. Having been on both sides of the fence, of the intoxicated gentlemen, for me, her blog hit a soft spot. I felt terrible for that man, having been in situations like his, being in dire need of help. I wish so bad that people with that lifestyle could see the same "path" as I, if you might. The power of the program. I wish, so bad, good fortune for people like that, I really do.  If I was never in his position, I would never know how good I have it today!
   Which, brings me over here now.  Gratitude.  So very much of that emotion, it's quite nice.  For all these gifts I have been giving, I am a lucky man. All my new friends and teachers and understandings. I guess this passion for change is paying off, ten fold.  More evidence of being on the right path.  More reason to just trust in the process at hand. Continue to put numbers up. Continue to practice and work hard on the bag. The heavy bag in the garage and the one in the real world.  New levels of self-understanding. It's really amazing! I do not have the words to properly express this. I feel, internally, like, content. It will change to wanting more and more, but for today, satisfaction. Yes, yes, there it is. Satisfied. Before is started writing this, I was spaced out staring into space. And I thought, of all the worlds in all the universe, today, the forces that be, chose to give me the greatest, gift of all. Family. Thank you.
 
Well, I'm quiet again, thanks for being apart of this journey
Humbly yours
Mr.Duncan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment