Well, hello there. How ya been? I'm still doing great thanks. The nights are done with and the ped-way is up. You're welcome! I heard this ped-way was on the news! Never saw it, but that's cool. I put it up, with some great help and that's satisfying enough for this guy.
So, lets start here. Quite honestly I thought I sent this blog off the other day, but it sat in draft mode, for the last four days. Lately, things have been going well. Since I have wrapped up my work, I have been trying to slow down and simplify life. Back into demos and more practice time. But life has a funny way of re-setting your plans for the day. And, I have been embracing the constant change that is life. The way, I can not remember anything, and yesterday's are great reminders to check my schedule. Make sure I have days to do what I want. I wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted to do done, but, I still made some progress in life. Its also, been a great reminder to adapt. I could have gotten angry and pissed off with missing another team gathering, but I did not. I made the best of an unwanted situation and moved on. Build that bridge and move on.
It's funny. Things that need work or need to get done, keep hitting me in the face, and I'm learning to just accomplish what I can and move on. No resentments because I can't get more done then I figured I should. Today I am able to just accept the pace of life for what it is. It's fast enough to keep your days moving quickly, but, it's slow enough to allow you to smell the flowers if you so desire. One thing I am really grateful for today is the power to pause. Especially with my dog. See, one of my biggest character shortcomings is my frustration. Frustration usually turns to anger in seconds. Lately, upon awakening I ask for the strength to meet frustration with acceptance and breath. I will ask for love when met with hate. I will ask for the courage to understand situations that I can not control. I get that we shouldn't ask for selfish things or gains, but, it never stops hurts to ask. Every day, I always get that challenge of frustration. Especially when working with Bane. Whether it be putting on his leash or just doing certain excesses with him. But, the difference today is, I can honestly see, when I get upset or angry he flips his lid and getting anything constructive out of him just doesn't happen. So, it's all about intention and firmness, not who can be the biggest jerk. A far cry from Frustration and pulling out the old willow stick!! No, no, today, I talk to animals and people. Might be a long one sided conversation, but we talk. Bane will be jumping and flipping and flopping on the end of his leash. And I'm just standing there staring off into the distance, holding the leash until his temper tantrum is over with. Sometimes, his other favorite game, is to "playfully" nip your arse and run away. Then trying to get the lead on him is a huge challenge. But I stay steady and calm. Constantly talking to him. I refuse to run around like a douche yelling "come here come here" chasing Bane. You don't win. So I take the game away and stand tall and gently re-affirm that his actions are wrong and to lay down. Sometimes it can take up to twenty minutes, but, in the end he always lays at my feet and the leash goes on, with little to no fight!.....when he wants to.......
But, like I have said, today things are different. It's hard to describe as its all new right now. That's atleast how things feel. After doing all that work to cleanse my mind body and soul, everything is different. Kung fu, people places, conversations. It's all different. Definatly for the better though. I picked up the escrimas and things have changed. To be honest it shocked me, just how things have changed. You see, doing the work I have accomplished, you expect things to change and be different, and it is. There is some much more room in my head now, that Kung fu and others subjects like that have just flourished in my mind. The flow seems so much cleaner, even though the form needs a ton of work, it just feels right. The mind has a way easier way of seeing these things when it's not polluted by ignorance. This is really cool. the escrimas have a mind of their own now and it's really a lot of fun playing and practicing with them. Like moves and tech niches that just come out of no where. Great times.
Even just walking down the street with the family its like, I don't know. It's like strolling through the clouds with intents of having some hand to hand combat with Zeus. Just taking it to Aries with an open hand slap, or maybe having an arm wrestling match with Hades. Haha. I'm not walking down the street all amped up ready to throw down, but it's just my confidence. It feels standing in front of a hundred million people. The spotlights on me. I got one chance. You can hear a pin drop. Then they are all cheering for you. You're nervous, scared but pumped. The crowd chants your name because it all comes down to this one step....and you take it. The crowd dies down and fades away. And after all the hype and the hysteria, you catch your breath and think "it wasn't that bad after all." And you're whole perspective has been altered thus bringing a new reality! this reality where peace is the norm. Calm collective thoughts are on high alert. You intuitively know how to handle situations that once baffled you. You have seen the storm through. The noises quiet until silence. And then out of no where; quietly and quickly, Behold! The sounds of serenity! Such beauty! Sounds are clearer. The Suns a little sunnier! Smiling is more contagious.
Ah what a nice thought, eh?! well, if we work for it, it will materialize
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment