Sunday, 10 July 2016

Pure InsAnIty

   Hey yo! What a night! I had the amazing opportunity to go and see a band that I have been waiting very patiently for like sixteen years to go see, last night! The Insane Clown Posse!!  Finally Treadu did something good and lifted the ban on ICP in Canada! I had no tickets and no plan. Except get all painted up like a Jugallo and go wait in line. Put it out to the universe! Asking please let there be tickets. Worst thing about it is, I didn't even know I.C.P. was in town until midnight the night before. So, I thought man, I'm hooped! But, I'm going to do everything in my power to get in.  It worked out fantastic man. The only scalper that was there and I only ten bucks extra for tickets. I would have paid a hundred bones per ticket to get in. I honestly would have.  ahh man, then people are like you got ripped buddy. I just looked, nope, nope, I didn't. I knew it in my guts. It was going to work out.  Then you know, you walk up through the doors and see the crowd and I just went loopy. I really did. Excitement took over and I said to myself. Okay buddy, let's cut loose. Sixteen years for this one moment and let's really just enjoy this. Lost myself in the crowd and the music and just had a blast!! Oh man what a mosh pit! That was the most intense mosh pit I've ever seen. Man there's like seven hundred rabid jugallos. We are painted up. It was a sea of clowns! Hahaha! Then ICP takes the stage and it's just an explosion of Faygo root beer being sprayed all over the crowd, people getting feathered, streamers being thrown around and just a whole other level of insanity. I have been and seen some wild parties in my life time, but last night took the cake!! Then like every couple of songs, you hear this "Faygo Break" and the circus music starts and these dudes come out with bazoka water bombers loaded with Faygo, and at the end of the count down it was nothing less then a downpouring of Faygo! Five litre buckets getting dumped, two lite pop bottles and bazoka bombers of Faygo. All over everything. The ceiling the lights the balcony the speakers. Everything was saturated. I was watching one of the bouncers and he was like what is this? They had no idea of what they were getting into! Ahh I was completely in my element.  Can't see, glasses are caked, face paint is running down into your eyes,  ouch it burns, but it doesn't matter! You keep screaming and cheering and hooting and hollaring! Ahahaha!! I took a shot right in the face! It was great! Born with a hatchet, Running with the dark carnival, like a Juggallo. What is a Juggalo. I don't know but I'm down with the clown!! Haha! Love it

    So how does that tie into Kung fu? Yeah I don't know either! Maybe more to outside program. Doing hard work and getting little success like getting to see a band that I near wrote off of ever seeing. Yeah I don't know! Maybe I'm grasping, but, no matter what these are some of the facts of the night. I went to a bar, a place I do not belong. I went for one reason. The music. I kept my intentions pure, I didn't go to drink, I didn't go to do drugs, I went for the music! It would have been really easy to sneak a drink or two. But, I didn't work this hard to piss my sobriety away at a concert with a bunch of clowns! Literally! Not a chance. It's because I'm sober that I get to do these things!  The same music my folks would throw my albums out on me and tell me what I could or could not listen to. Didn't matter, I would go buy the album again. Got to the point I had to hide those albums!! I would crank my towers to near max and just let it rip. "You can't listen to this! What's the matter with you Will?" I would just shrug and ask, where you wanna start ma! Leave my music alone. Let me be! They never would so, the music went louder and louder! What a punk kid I was! I would have kicked my arse too!

   So I'm still flying high from last night obviously. I woke up this morning and watched the videos I took last night. I am still in awe of what transpired last night!

   Onto, Kung fu, for real this time! Training is coming back nicely. Routines are greatly coming back. My body is responding well. Shoulders are doing well. I'm doing light weights with simple motions. There's damage I need to repair. Whenever it happened I do t know or care. The point today is I need to repair some damage. So, I talked to big boss man Brinker, changed my speed of push ups and in combination with the weights, my shoulders feel great. I whipped off thirty in a row Friday, before things started to hurt.  That's great improvement. Before it was around ten fifteen, then the grinding kicks in. Perfect. But, even though I can do thirty in a row, doesn't mean I'm going to. Continue with small reps and light weights.  Incremental progression. Little steps will lead to big leaps. It just takes time. Patience is what I ask for during my training.  Small, calculated movements. If there is no purpose behind my movement, I stop and reset. Ask why I'm doing this, reset my mind and continue on.  If it's a motion, there's no point. If it's a stepping stone, then push harder. Yes, even just one push up equals one step. So, to me, there's millions of steps to take yearly. Literal and non-literal.

Okay guys I gotta tap out here. I have a splitting headache from being less then ten feet from the stage and speakers for the concert. My eyes still kinda hurt from the paint and Faygo. And I can barely speak! Hahahaha would I do it again? Hell yeah. And I'd go harder next time!! Nothing less than.....insane! That's my element!


Thanks for your time guys
Insanely yours
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment