Sunday, 24 July 2016

random thoughts

   Good Sunday all! Yesterday was my oldest son boys birthday. The big 8! He's such a good boy.  I really admire his strength.  He isn't overly aware of it yet, but, he has a strong character in him. And I feel once he embraces that, he will flourish more and more.  I gotta say here, that he was born in the tail end of my insanity. So, he had a crappy go for the first few years of his life.  I wasn't the greatest role model, at all. I don't feel for even a second.  But with that being said, he will be stronger because of our history.  "Our history will not be our destiny" I think that should be our motto! when he was younger and first enrolled in Kung fu, I really noticed a confidence being re-born in him.  From a father's perspective, Kung fu in his life, was a game changer.  It has allowed him to accomplish forms and techniques , and he's Proud of his accomplishments in Kung fu. He's entered the school talent show twice now, and did sheih Chein and Kempo.  Does them well too. Like I have spoken about before, he's the reason, I started Kung fu, and has been my inspiration for a long time.
    He's so much like me, it's kinda scary! Haha! But we grow together. I learn from him constantly.  There's actions and language that he calls me on. Truthfully, it's some of the best corrections for me.  Really grounding.  I like to keep the mindset that yes I'm dad, and my word is final, but he's still my teacher.  Some of my greatest lessons have been from my kids. Kids don't give a whoop about much. It's us adults that start putting expectations on them.  We call them "responsibilities". Haha! Because we have adult stuff to do, work and pay for stuff, we have things to do and places to be.  That creates a responsibility for ourselves. That's cool, if you want something, you gotta pay for it. You want to pay and you need money.  You need to work for money, so you can spend it. And such the vicious circle of employment is born.  Hahaha. It's just ludacris. But a necessary evil. So I'm told.
    Im not sure where I was going with this today, but it doesn't really matter.  I'm in a great place today. And have been for a few weeks now.  It's a great motion.  There's been a few road bumps come up, and I've managed nicely.  I am a lucky individual.  I have a program for the internal and a program for the external.  Both are unmatched in their lessons and principles. If you want a good life just do these things laid out.  Stay true to your word and your path.  Man, it's simple. At first glance, it's easy money. Then you delve into it and realize just how much is involved in living simply again.  Wreckages of the past and current disasters to clean up.  In just cleansing our spirit, is an ongoing daily activity.  Asking for help and staying humble in success.  Learning how to make less demands out of life.  Then you receive gifts beyond imagination.  Freedoms that where once unknown, are now the norm.  I am enjoying life.  And all of its baggage.  The ups and downs are merely lessons. Learn them wisely.  Judgement and breathing are excersised. And the best course of action always appears. Seeing it can be tough at first, but after time, the fog will lift and boom there it is.

Anyhow, it is mini dounut time.
See you soon.
Mr.Duncan















No comments:

Post a Comment