Sunday, 29 January 2017

Monkey wrap-up

   Whoop whoop! What a party that was! 2017 bringing in the rooster and helping the monkey out the door! Oh man alive, that was the best celebration yet! I really enjoyed all of it. From the set up to the tear down to the hand shaking belly laughing, fist pounding, lion dancing, dragon swinging, black belt promoting awesomeness of it all.  Man, there's dishes flying and water spilling chicken balls hitting the deck, there's Kung fu flying about. Ahh man, I loved it. I'm still really pumped from it all. Can you tell? I don't know, I'm hiding it well ;)
   Oh boy, well, since my first celebration, I have always gotten excited for the new year celebration. From first seeing it all three years ago, to being apart the planning of it all, to now and just for now, I'm stepping back from it all. Last night I went to bed, with lions in my head. Today, I woke up with a sense of uncertainty of what to do. Not sure on where to go next. Whoa, let's step back and take a breath. Okay, there we go. Blue belt. Then beyond. It's weird with the thoughts of not being on IHC this year, not having the commitments and such. That's okay, I can not forget, why I'm taking a breather. That's what's important right now.  Today, I look forward to crushing the next few goals on my list. Like, really looking forward to it. I got some work to catch up on in an outside program, lots to catch up on in the house maintenance areas, and yes, of course, Kung fu to crush! Forms to continue to master and techniques further perfected. It's weird here though. My goals have not overly changed, but the people around me, will not be as fruitful. For two years I have had all of you to lean on and talk to. Whether we see eye to eye on everything, it does not matter. We all shared the same desire too better ourselves through Kung fu. So I decided, that I'm going to keep blogging along. I do enjoy blogging and reading about others journeys.
   As long as I keep my mind open, things should turn out in the end.  And they will. The kwoon the Kung fu and the folks that make it what it is, will still be there.  It will be up to me to seek you out.

Well guys, thanks again for everything
And guess what, I will see you soon.
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment