Thursday, 19 April 2018

The Passing

    Good am to you there. Well, today is the day we go say goodbye to grandpa. He passed very suddenly last week from a heart attack. On his way to the doctors. Fortuanatly/unfortuanatly, he passed in his car, but not while he was driving. Phew! I mean, well, you know what I mean.

    He was broken hearted. Grandma, passed almost ten years ago and gramps, just kinda gave up. He had tried for a bit to live without grandma, but, his heart and soul just wasn’t into it. And it was hard to listen to him talk about wanting to go. I was there to support and love and offer all sorts of compassion, like, hey gramps, we are still here for you! Or I bet it’s hard and do whatever you want, but, seriously gramps, we still want you in our lives. He would smile and say thanks and his thoughts would go back to wherever they where.

   As sad as that may be, my grandfather, was always on the move. Never sitting still. As a kid I spent a lot of time there. And we where always going somewhere. Even if it was just for coffees with his friends. Or just for some “ce”. What’s ce? Why that was our “code word” for going to get ice cream from Dairy Queen. That came about from when I was like 5 years old and it just stuck in the family. It’s kinda funny. It’s just what we call ice cream now for the last 30years! Haha. Or he’d stab you with his fork while we were eating supper. “I’d rather eat this little boys arm, num num num!” Kinda tearing up here folks.

    Well, what did I learn from grandpa? A lot. My love of cars and mechanics, came from hanging out in the garage for weeks on end. Working on classic cars. ‘59 Chrysler New Yorker ( one of the original gangster cars) ‘46 Ford two door sedan, ‘59 Chev Bel-air, glass top, ‘48 Mercury one tone pick up, (we still used that truck as a truck! It was awesome watching people’s reactions. This beautiful classic truck loaded with whatever trash and people’s jaws are on the streets!) you give gramps something mechanical to play with and it will be fixed polished and working better than new in no time. Not to mention his amazing capabilities to build things outta wood. That’s one trait I really picked up on and have truly come to enjoy. This summer, I plan on building a wind mill or a something along those lines for gramps!

    With all that on my mind, I try To stay positive. Simply because, I’ve accepted my mortality. I am a human and I will pass on one day. I’m on,y here for a blip on the pages of history. Will I/have I done grand and amazing things? I think so. It’s called showing my boys how to live without abusing every substance I can get my hands on. It’s showing how to love without boundaries. How to be the bigger person. I don’t care if someone insults you, it’s not worth the energy or the frustration. Instead of getting angry at others, maybe show compassion. Realize, everyone has a story to tell, and it is different than yours. There is something to learn from everyone. Are you willing to learn, or are you ignorant to life’s lessons? It’s up to you. You figure out the lessons. You learn to get through life and pass on a better life for everyone. It’s your responsibility and yours alone. Now go on and get living!!

Anyhow, I gotta get ready to roll out

   “If god built me a ladder to the heavens, I would climb it and elbow drop the world!”
Mick Foley aka. Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love (1965-present)

Talk at ya
Mr.Duncan

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sounds like you have a pile of wonderful memories, hold onto those 😊 Love the code word for ice cream 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. I am so glad that you have the great memories to hold him close.

    ReplyDelete