Sunday, 22 April 2018

Homies

   Homies, homies;
“(I know you ain't there
That's why I just want to let you know something bro
You all know I love you
You all know you're my homies
And eh... Alright we'll talk later - peace!)
Let me ask you this about this life we live
And let me try to swerve some of this attention you give
To them distant ass relatives over ham dinner
If they really missed you so much
Why don't they just call a (Muthafucka) ?
If you wasn't blood, would you still have love?
Or infact does the blood make you think you have to love?
Look, I probably love my family more than anybody here
But my homies are family too, 3rd cousins' get outta here
Who was you with when you got tattooed?
And who was you trippin' with when you did them mushrooms?
And who thtruck  threw up all over your car?
And then felt worse than you about that shit in the morning? (Friends ya'll)”
       Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope aka I.C.P. From the single Homies
Well, there’s two points in this beat I wanted to bring up. See, my family isn’t the strongest around. In fact we are pretty weak. But, with the passing of gramps, I feel, we all had a bit of a realization. One, this family of ours is going to fall apart and disappear if we don’t do something drastic soon. Two, I do love my family and all their insanity. I love them all.
   So, I made a pledge to all of them Thursday afternoon after grandpas memorial. I swore to all of them we are going to re-build this family and I will start this grass fire. Because, honestly, that is the greatest way to Honor grandpa. We have to build memories and friendships again. My cousins and I were tight as kids. Now, today, we barely know each other kids, or each other for that matter. Today, I’ve got phone numbers and emails, and this is happening I said. Be prepared for me I laughed at them! 
   This also, relates to my friends I have today. I’ve realized, I’ve only kept a small number of friends in my circle. That’s okay, but what I should do, I need to build better friendships with the friends I got. I have to. My grandfather lived a life surrounded by friends and family, and I am going to walk in his shoes. We are more alike than I honestly ever realized. That’s okay to realize today, because, well, I needed to feel this loss, before I could honestly realize what I was loosing. 
    So, all those things in the song above, maybe not as extreme as tripping on zoomers today, but, we can laugh and smile over campfires, and wiener roasts, and we can laugh in someone’s kitchen, or we can converse in the living room while hanging with the kids. It doesn’t matter about the ego anymore. I no longer care who crossed me in the yesterday’s. I don’t care. I today worry about today, and what can I do about today? How about being the guy who makes the phone call just to say hi. Why not? I don’t give one rat f@ck anymore. 
I need my family, I need my friends. I love them all. They all mean the world to me. I realize today, that I will loose my humanity, without them. I will loose what I always say I fight for. Who am I to judge any of them? Baby jebus, I’ve done some bad stuff in my life, and I am the last person that should put judgement down on anyone. Friend, family or foe. I will learn to love all of you again. Whether you like it or not, this families coming back together......
“......and that’s the bottom line cause Stone Cold says so.”
       Stone Cold Steve Austin 1964-present

Love you and remember, Bye for now
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment