Sunday, 14 June 2020

running in the mud

Oh, how wonderful of you to stop by. Well, then, what has been going on? Me? Oh well, ive been flat out these last few days at work. I got thrown on the stringing crew. What’s that? Well, in a moment you’ll kinda know what’s going on. It’s one of those things that until you see it for yourself, it just seems a little insane. Okay. So picture this. Here’s a semi loaded with 4-5 levels of 3” all around 19m in length. That’s approximately 2-3km worth of pipe. No big deal. So, one fella works on top of the truck throwing pipe onto a set of rollers we boom to the side of the trailer. Bang, pipe hits the rollers. Two guys grab the pipe off the last roller basically stand on it until it rolls off the rollers and a we set one end on skids to keep out the mud and the other sits up on a pipe tub. Seems easy enough right? Yeah, now, add in the truck stays moving in at least second gear, sometimes third, depending on the boss’s mood, the entire time. I was responsible for setting skids and sorting tubes. So, honestly I was in a heavy jog for the last three days at work. All day....all #$@& day. Honestly, I loved it. Big smile on my face all day. We are covered head to toe in dirt and heavy sweat stains. Just dripping from 730-whenever we cut our last truck loose. These last few days have been solid 14hrs days. Mmm mmm mmm, bring it on boys let’s go, this ain’t for kids or the weak of heart. Morning break? Sure right after this truck. I know it’s 230 in the afternoon and that truck is gone, oh look here comes another. So your sandwich? Eat it while your backing up the truck and smash some water into you because, well, whooo we are flying again. Oh you brought granola bars, you best be sharing if you have some in your pocket, because that’s just what we do. I literally offered half my sandwich to my partner. “Here homie, eat this”. “Oh no man, that’s yours!” “Yeah I don’t care your lunch is like nowhere here, so eat this.”
   Yeah it was a disgusting amount of work and I loved it. The clothes are stuck to you, you don’t want to turn on the ac because that’s too much of a shock to the system, you don’t want to drink too cold of water, that will get you sick and you can’t eat too much, because, well, you’ll puke it up....hahaha. Yup I did that. “Atta boy Wild Willy, now your a pipeliner!!!! Hurry up and finish puking man, we got this truck to unload, and we ain’t stopping for you!” Yes, I have a nickname of wild Willy. I get called other things too, but.....I love my job. I really do. Stupid rain day today.

   Anyhow, Kung fu has not been as prevalent as it has been, but, I’m still making progress. Instead of just getting off shift, smashing a days worth of food in ten minutes and passing out, I forced myself to eat two smaller meals at night. One was a healthy supper, do some training push some weights around and have a second much smaller snack to fuel the body to recovery and repair through the night. Let things settle and than bed time. No, it’s not the healthiest, but, I believe I’m doing great with what I have to work with.  Not eating garbage, just eating. Thank goodness I spent some time doing meal prep! Bam! Winning!
  Oh, good gracious team, I didn’t want to train. Oh I wanted to just go to bed and sleep, but, how am I going to progress sleeping? How am I going to get better laying in bed being sore? I’m not simply put, therefore, I best find some energy and pump out some reps and do some stance work. My feet have been killing me, but, that doesn’t matter, I’ll do some calf-raises. My back is sore from throwing pipe around, well, better do some more sit-ups. I’m obviously not strong enough there. Shoulders are sore from military pressing pipe? Oh, sugar, how about some push ups to strengthen those muscles some more. Legs sore, uhhhh, stances dude. I had so many legit excuses, to not train. But, I’d of just let myself down. I would have felt terrible the next morning, knowing I wasted many opportunities to progress in my Kung fu. What kind of a leader would I be if I just let some being sore and tired stop me from training? Weak! Weak, man, get ‘er into ya!!!! Insert Wild Willy! Hahaha.
    Well goodness. And here we are. Right here. I believe just one more thing to talk about and I’ll let you go. Right, the Kung fu karaoke. I have finished putting the lyrics together, as I only had the first two verses put together. So, since Mrs.Bjorkuist asked for the song, I’ll put it together no problem. It’s gonna be a little bit yet, but, we have a day off today due to rain. So, I have a great chance to play catch up today and just train! I have tried to post my video of the first two verses, but, for some reason, I can’t post a video on this network thing, so, whatever. I’ll try to post it to YouTube and send the link that way. If not, well, I don’t know than! I will state, I can not sing, nor can I keep a tune....

Anyhow friendos, I’m going to actually eat some breakfast and get into some training!!

I hope your week  is a great as mines going to be.

Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan




No comments:

Post a Comment