Sunday, 21 June 2020

Whamo! Another great one!

Well, it’s sunday again. Father’s Day. Yes, Happy Father’s Day indeed! I just got off the FaceTime with them boys of mine! It was a great little chat. It sounds like they have had a real good few days, so that’s nice! Works good, I’m back on the coating crew, no longer stringing pipe....I’m kinda “ahh shucks” about it. I wish I could have finished the job is all. But, alas, off to coating I go. It’s why I was hired, and I’m flat out all day! It’s funny the stringing crew passed us as we were at some tie ins. I was done my gig and just kinda not doing much. They are working like mules. They are hollaring at me come on you lazy dog..And so to my boss, I say, Hey mom, can I go play? Shes laughing yeah hurry up it looks like your late! Boom run over help the boys unload some pipe in the stockpile, get the truck ready again, and mom calls me back...well...we all have a laugh and carry on in our days. It’s good. Build the crews how I can! Even if it’s just a good laugh!

   Any which way meow, I have been just fascinated with the first few moves of Da Mu Hsing, these last few days. I mean all of it’s cool, I’ll get to all of it soon enough, but, dang, I’m liking this flow I’m getting. It’s really kinda calming and soothing. Ahaha, you old form you, I feel ya! Oh I feel ya! This I just great. I’m working on getting that second hand floating and moving with my action hand, if you may. Ha. There’s been a few time s when my fist is like, I know move, but do what man? Ha. But it’s been fun, and it really as been. We were told to think of larger circles, to help with getting things moving. I’ve been making progress, but, man I’m stubborn, and just won’t move my hand. It’s glued. So, I’ve been giving that stationary hand the “eye” when in form and it’s slowy getting it. Well, something else to work on. No problem, just add it too the bottom as I strike off the ones on top.

   And then, I was scrolling through my social media on Friday and this post comes up. A CWE add with Vampiro’s picture on it, with Shane Douglas! I’m like whoa, Vampiro is touring again! Sweet! I look closer, and I’ll be, its an ad for Edmonton! I’m going now! What’s the date? Further investigation leads me to understand its happening Oct 24, 2020....well, I’ll be a...holy happy horse faces. That’s my birthday! I’m literally floored....I read this ad again. Yeah I’m not confused. Vampiro is going to come to Edmonton! This is just great! I’m texting my missus, you best be getting me a fricken ticket or four there baby! Man! Seriously! 125 more sleeps. Happy dance with me.

This man Vampiro, man I just think so highly of him. Dudes, quite honestly, Vampiro, helped change the wrestling game, in North America. He brought this gimmick of punk rock vampires and kicking teeth in. He’s 6’4” and moved like the luchadors from Mexico, and people where floored. It was new and fresh. It was a punch in the face. It was graveyard matches and throwing Sting off of the Titantron! He brought the misfits to WCW and managment somehow thought the lead singer should wrestle for a title....against Dr.Death.....that happened! It was a proper beat down! Everyone knew what was coming, even us fans, where like, thats a bad idea! As soon as Vampiro hit the North American market, there was ripoff vampire groups everywhere, but only one lasted...His passion to his craft was inspiring. He’s kind of some of the old Gaurd, where they held their character, no matte where they where or what they where doing. Wrestling in Mexico, is just as big as football! So, you always where in character, and for the most part it’s still like that! I’ve never been there to experience it, one day I will hopefully!

Anyways, tomorrow is coming fast and I’m pretty sure you’d rather not get a history lesson in Lucha Libre.

And so Goodnight
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment