Tuesday, 9 June 2020

Can you see it?

Howdy ho there! What’s going on? Well, things are not bad here. So, I got the trucks parked and ready to go for Tuesday on Saturday. We are ready. They give us time off. But, it’s day to day, so stay close. In other words I don’t want to travel back home in case I get the call to go back to work. So I figured okay it’s only a two days. Yeah I’ll jsut stay put. I’ll get the apartment ready to go, I’ll get some dinners pre cooked and froze and blah blah blah. Here I am ready to go and we are still sitting idle! I should have just gone home, stupid bosses and stupid listening to bosses! I’m kidding. I am! I’m a little mad at the situation and I’m just kinda brewed in place yesterday. Anyhow. No bad days, jus bad moments.....it wasn’t the WHOLE day. Just kinda most moments through the day.....hahaha ahhhh. Okay it was a bad day

Anyhow, I have been keeping up for the most part. I figured a nice idle down and some recovery time would be good, but getting that full back upswing is kinda tough, even after only a few days off. Pushed hard for the tourney and was ready to go, but work. So, I’ll just keep training for the next one, I do suppose. In all honesty, not being able to attend was a kick to the groin, and maybe I should have argued my point a little more, but, like I said, that moment did help establish me in the company. So, pros and cons, I guess. Now that I think about it, it would have been a powerful day either path I took, just different results.

    So, yeah, Da Mu Hsing is coming great. I’m finding the transitions are getting cleaner, and I’m not thinking so much as I am doing. I believe it really helped practicing for the Kung fu karaoke. I almost had the form and song ending on the same spots. Only a few seconds of idle time, but, when I recorded it, for Sifu, I sang too fast and it turned out terrible! Hahaha. But, like I said, singing and practicing at the same time was a heck of a challenge. So, when I was doing just Da Mu Hsing, one it was hard not to start singing and two, it was way easier to not be thinking of lyrics and movements at the same time. Therefore, now, that I’m not doing the sing8ng anymore, Da Mu Hsing, way cleaner. It’s like polishing this turd and you know, it’s a decent looking turd now. It’s a “smooth
turd”! Ha!

Sorry, I was just getting my stew off the stove! Mmmm! In other news, while training for the tourney, I was working the stick obviously, and man, I had some good times. I really think training in this little apartment has put my awareness on high alert. I’ve already poked one hole in the roof and a few scuffs, but knock on my skull, I’m getting this tight spot figured out. Man, I worried about pooping lights, so my movements are slow and steady. But, for the tourney, I wanted to rock it out. So, I’d
been pushing for speed and flow. I felt the motions and such where nice enough to amp up the speed factor. I really had some great success there. Getting that humming noise going again. Love it. Just the constant hum of the stick through the air s very satisfying for myself. I love just closing my eyes swinging the stick and just listening to where it’s taking my body. And from there, I can listen to my stick sing a song! It can be a nice soft song, or it can be a song of heavy metal! Depends on my mood!! Weird! Either way, this has been a very successful few weeks in gp.

   So, from here, I don’t know. Just kicking this half assed attempt at being lazy right in the face. My fist.... my attitudes face....right in the face...If I see you before you see me...right in the face...I’ve been listening to a lot of old school Limp Bizkit lately. Like a lot, so, that might explain my aggressiveness. And the fact that I wanna Break Stuff!

   Finally-ish, here’s this. My strikes I’ve been working so hard on I wrote them into my little journal dated them and closed the book for a few days.  Yesterday, I hopes of cooling down, I looked at my book, just kinda in general. I realized about myself from looking at my book, is  darn am I ever a scatter brain! Like, yowie wowie, I’m writing a poem on this page, and the next one, I’ve got some breaking of the limbs sketched out. And then like 70 empty pages with a note here or there and than here’s some song lyrics. And put this on repeatish for the whole book.  Or is it as sporadic as I think?  I’m very much like this. I need to see, hear and then I need room to explain to myself. I need pictures whether it be actions or a book and I need to hear. Odd right?

Where am I driving this bus you’re screaming at this point? Depends on your Perspective, I suppose....

Mr.Duncan



No comments:

Post a Comment