Ohhhh hey there friendos!! How is your day today? Mine? It’s fantastic thank you oh so very much!!
Let’s just jump to in! I have been putting my training back together for some higher intensity training!! Getting my confidence in stances and strength back. I would like to say I’m near 100% again, but, I don’t wanna jinx things!
This week, I’m going to reintroduce weights to my training regime and start getting stronger again! My body has been craving weights, but, I am cautious with things still! This week past, I really focused on flexibility and opening my hips! The stretching videos, I found very helpful, mixed with body weight training, I’m progressing quickly!
With everything that has happened in the last week, shut down wise, it’s time to re-arrange the schedule, again! It’s no bog deal, it’s basically the same plan I had one month ago!! It worked incredibly well, then, so I don’t see much of a reason why my old plan will not serve me well, this time around!
Kicks?!? Oh my, they are so much better! I have almost complete movement again! Not quiet as high as I want, but, I’m pretty sure that why I train! To get higher kicks!
Weapon form, is more of numerous techniques I’ve tried to put together lately! It’s coming, but, honestly, I am struggling with the escrimas right now. I’m having a heck of a time finding flow with them and it’s kinda frustrating! I get moving in a direction and want to spin or turn and things just don’t make sense! Sooooo, I guess, I’ll keep training the escrimas and continue to develope a form! I remember my stuck form from years ago, and it literally sucked for months, than all of a sudden, things just started working out for me! Once the flow started to form, the form itself almost wrote itself! I was just the conduit!
Anyhow, keep pushing through these arbitrary limits I have placed in front of myself!!
Oh there was one more thing..... yeah, shoot what was it??? Oh yeah, I flipped passed my exam. Hahaha. I passed! I have been patting myself on the back pretty hard! I am so proud of myself! I know that my mark in the class isn’t the best, nor as high as I was shooting for, but, like I’ve said so many times, I earned that mark. Me! I fought for it! Frustrated, confused, and sometimes angry that I just don’t get things.... it all worked out for me! I poured the time in, ignored phone calls and emails! Turned off the outside world and just studied!
I asked for help from the big guy upstairs laid out all my fears and shortcomings and asked for serenity in my exam!! I’ll tell you something, when I walked into that testing room, boy, it started to happen! The panic, the self-doubt, the unable to concentrate, to the point I literally started to stutter my words.... I haven’t stuttered my words since I quit drinking, mumbling fool I was! I remember staring at the individual in the test center, going on repeat, I , I , I , uhh, t t t the...ummm, oh oh oh oh, dropped my id, trembling, shaking, gosh darn it calm down will!! She was so kind to me! “She says, it’s okay, I understand! It’s been a long time since you’ve written a test huh?!? Y-y-y-yup!
Go get a drink of water, I’ll set up your exam, and I bet you’re going to do great Will! I have faith you’ll do great!
I don’t even know this person, but she has faith in me, and I have faith in me, and all my friends have faith in me!! Okay! I got my drink I said my little mantra! We got this will! This is nothing man, we have done far more stressful things for entertainment! This is what we studied for, this is why I train! Now, get in that exam and show the world you’re more than some dummy on a shovel! Go prove to yourself you deserve more in life than grunt work! We are smart and we are strong!!
Then I walked into that exam like Karrion Kross and dropped that test and my fears and those stupid little nay-sayers in my mind, right on their weak egos!! Just destroyed that test! No sweat man! We got this ahhhh!
I knew I passed when I finished the exam, knew it!! I just needed that mark....36hrs later.... 36hours man!!! I got my exam mark back! It was obviously a pass, but I had to see! There was no calmness in that 36 hours!! Hahaha but I passed!!!
So, here we go on part two, I unfortuanatly can not start my next block of classes until May 1, and I’m super okay with that! I have Kung fu to catch up on! It’s spring time, so it’s off the farm to get things cleaned up for the season! Cut lines to clean up! Fences to put back up! And I’ve got guns to shoot!!! I love shooting guns!
Lastly, my grandparents have a couple of horses! One is a gorgeous painted horse! You know, it has the brown and white colour schemes on her! She is beautiful! Painted horses are just simply my favourite! I find they are a better temperament that say, a solid colour horse, I’m not sure, maybe it’s just the horses I have been around and broke in! Not sure. In any event, Gramps bought this horse some time ago, she was trained and broke for riding, but Gramps is old and can not climb on horses anymore! But I can! And I will! So she’s gone wild, this horse, it happens when you leave them to their devices! But I want to retrain this horse and build a relationship with her, both horses if possible, but, I’m not fond of the second horse out there, he’s a straight jerk! Whomever originally broke that horse, I can tell, they weren’t focused on trust, they were focused on effiecncy of breaking him in, and it’s caused more damage than good in that pony! It makes me mad! I can tell they used intimidation and pain and a tool for that horse, and that’s doing it all wrong! Hit that horse one more time with that stick and I’m gonna break that blessed cane on you’re arse!!
The way I learnt, was using your voice, and your figure! The stick is merely an extension of your arm, so when that stick goes in front of the horse in the pen, he should see it, understand there’s a message to why it’s in front of him, but never fear that stick! It’s their guide to our language, so speak to the horse, do not whip him! Whoa! Stick goes in front, my belt buckle stays at the horses shoulder always! I guide, he repsondes! If he jumps, my message sucked! So keep training!
I remember brand new colt! Jumping, bucking, nothing crazy, but he wanted to be a horse! We got him to the pen, I entered, he did his skimping and neighing and so on! I watch him, spoke quietly and calmly! I assured I was there to help and teach, and that we can be friends! He literally stared at me while I spoke! He did his chewing of the lips( that’s how you tell they are processing your directions! Gotta stop, let the horse chew it out before moving on). Finally after three hours of leading and directions, I’m able to place my hand on his shoulder! It’s takes time for that level of trust, and him and I, right out the gates, buddies! My buddy jack, once I leave the pen and give pats and treats and compliments, he says, it’s been a long a time since I’ve seen two become one that quickly!! Incredible work Will. That colt, I got to hang out with him only one other time after, before he went up his home, but he remembered me! He did his jump and wild buck for me! Stopped looked dead at me! Kinda neighed with excitement and cam and hung out with me at the fence! He was in more intense training, so I wasn’t allowed to work him anymore! That’s cool. I watched and applauded the colt, he was proud of himself!! You could see it! It was an amazing time!
So, I hope to try to recreate that connection! We shall see! It’ll be a heck of a challenge, because, both of Gramps horses are a few years old now, and older horses are a heck of a challenge to work! They are stubborn.... that’s cool. Lots of patience and a positive mental attitude!
Anyhow folks, that went on for much longer than I expected!! 3min read?? See ya in an hour!! Hahaha.
Okay thanks for your time friends!!
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment