Well, howdy do there folks! How’s it today? Mine is great thanks!!
So, I’ve been studying the dragon technique for literally years, some times more intense than others. The way I learnt the form, it felt odd, but I truly accepted it for what’s it was! Total faith in my teachers... only to find the message was “lost in translation over the years! So, if anyone needs helps moving like an old man with bad knees, I’m here for you! I’m we can crush this together!! Hahaha.
Oh boy, when sifu Ryback told me the story as to just how things got so convoluted, I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing! Ah what a gem!! After we talked and laughed about the technique, we starting making progress as to learning the form, how it’s supposed to be, now that we have some new information!!
That made my day!! I mean, if anything, I have a solid base for when I do get older and arthritis is running rampant in my body!!! Hahahaha! Ahhh what a time!! I already know how to move when I’m broke!!
Anyhow, so, continued training and progress this week! I feel good about my numbers and what I have accomplished this week!
I did do to much without stopping to respect my body these last few days! I felt it yesterday, but I’m a man so I pushed through the pains and kept working! Well today, I’m in pain and things are tender! It’s funny, because, when I train it’s, not even a question that I need to stretch before during and after training time.... when I’m working and giving ‘er, it’s not even a thought about stretching! I thought about it today, laying in pain this morning!! Hahaha.
Anyhow, more attention needs to be paid to my morning routines and wake ups. Gotta stop being SuperWill all the time!!
I did get all my chores plus more done, so I’m happy!
Training was another good week! Like I say the dragon needed some serious help and it’s coming!! Actually super duper happy I finally have the technique, thank you the sifus for doing the research and figuring this form out with me! Really appreciate it! I’ll do it justice! Watch this!!
The kick combos that came up earlier, that was a nice touch! Forced me to start using my feet more and more! My confidence in myself, where I’m not going to cave my hips is almost back. Subconsciously holding back on my kicks, and that okayish! It’ll take time to get my body to completely trust me again, and sifu Brinker has been telling us how to limit a lot of these injuries, so, more time and patience! I still don’t like jumping from lead to lead, still a lot of hesitation there, but again, it’s coming!!
I did start to work weights back in, but, my hips after a few sets was not feeling good....cool....back to body weights! I try every week to get my weighted squats and presses back! It felt like it wanted to injure again, so, just stop!
I will straight up admit, I am a little frustrated and disheartened, about my physical goals! I declared I wanted to enrol in a wrestling school next year, 2022! That goal hasn’t changed, it’s, just being pushed back, I guess! It almost feels like I should just let go of that dream. It really does! Just let go and do something else.... but I don’t want to. And personally, I’m not crippled yet, soooooo, I don’t see why I should stop in that direction. My brain and logic tells me, no matter what I’m too old and my time came and went, and just focus on Kung fu! My heart tells me to not stop. Don’t listen to the negative voices, but the body limits what I can physically do... man I used to be very very strong! 200lbs person or item, I’d move it I didn’t care. By hand with a crane, zoom boom, I don’t care I’ll muscle that piece of crap outta here!! I without the shadow of a doubt can literally move 10,000lbs with my sleaver bar, now I’m just strain over a tree stump. That’s disheartening for me. My whole life I valued my physical strength, it’s all I thought I used to have! And now that’s it’s kinda of slipped away, it sucks not having it anymore.
...... actually......No! All that is wrong!!!
Forget that pile of self pity crap!! What in the am I even talking about?!? I will get back there. I will pick and carry 200lbs again. No, actually, now, because of my poor attitude, it’s gonna be 225lbs of clean pick and carry!! Your gosh darn rights! By late summer. I literally just decided, while writing this out, how much of a wimp I sounded like in that last paragraph. And I’m not editing it out, nor this! No! I will not quit on myself! Hurt hip or not, I didn’t sign up for IHC just to find the weakest excuse I could to quit on myself..... forget that!! Let my strength go, pfft for why??
In a few weeks, I’ll look back at this blog and say, ha, I wanted defeat myself before I even tried....
Don’t be a wimp!!
Okay thanks for your time!!
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment