Well another good week down! Made progress, huge steps in flexibility and mobility. I have hit that recovery plateau and have pushed through it. Sore and tender some days, but it’s much healthier than before. It’s not so plataeuish anymore! Onwards mighty steed!!
Respecting the 6 week rule about recovery time, nothing crazy, but I’ve got my kicks coming back quite well. Doing squats used to really suck, but patience has paid off and that strength is moving quickly. Almost all the way down with no pains!! Hey!! Shoot two weeks ago I wasn’t squatting for nothing!! Hahahaha! Stupid body, hurry up! We got stuff to do!!!
I’m real happy I took that time off and just rested and did easy workouts! Still, don’t want to rush into another injury, but shoot yeah, I’d say I’m around 80-90% of where I was!! Soon I’ll be beyond where I was and moving at a fast speed again.
I appreciate your patience in my lacking of being about, team!!
Let’s see, and really, my mid-term is Tuesday morning! I will tell ya this for free, I am not stressing like I used to! I pushed my exam back a week, and just geeked out!! I wore through my pocket protector.....I went through and looked at all my exams, found where I was lacking in the exam, which to be honest, is still heavy in the language and the silly “non-trick” questions they throw at you...no trick questions, but if you don’t see one word, throw that mark away!
I used the analogy with sifu this week, the book teaches 2+2=4, and on the test they ask which is the more efficient way to getting a sum of 4? Actually, it’s not 2+2, it’s this over here 4+0.... so figure that one out... reviewing and reading and thinking and, oh, okay, I see the perspective now! Maybe just teach that in the book! This is a memorization course, not free thinking! There’s no thought process, it’s either rotten wood or it’s not!! I don’t get to write about my feelings, it’s either a b c or d! That’s it! Don’t overthink nothing!! Gotta keep that in mind when I write the exam! I like to do the old, yeah well, what about this or that?? No, calm down and simply answer the question!!
I have made steps! I identified where I’m lacking in school! The comprehension! So I broke out and studied their wording and how they ask their questions! The material itself, I’m very strong with! I know my stuff. I truly do! It’s just getting through that test!
If a quart ion didn’t make sense in my exam, I went to the textbook. Re-read everything! Went back to the exam, and wrote notes as to WHY that was the correct answer! multiple choice tests! There’s almost always two right answers, it’s a matter of which one is a better answer! And that right there has stumped me in this course!
I’m learning and pushing forwards! I’m really excited! I look forward to completing this step in my journey! Oh I’ve worked for this moment, and it hasn’t come yet! Still have to maintain my diligence, keep reviewing, keep a strong positive mental approach!!
With all the studying I’ve been doing, I turned hermit and have just focused on my books! I gotta get this done right, the first time!
So, honestly, I’ll say this, I haven’t made as much progress in Kung fu as I have wanted to, but, I had to turn off the distractions and just study! I did my stretching, getting my kicks and stances back, but I had to spend my time in my books! I’m glad I’ve taken this time to just study with little to no interference!
No worrying about if I got this done, or that done, or oh man, I fell hard on my numbers.....yuppers I did! And I’ve embraced that and owned it and had to focus on my books! I can spend so much time in Kung fu mode, I will loose track of my priorities, and get flustered and start getting resentful towards myself!
Take my time, Kung fu and all you awesome people will be in my corner today and on Wednesday, so I can focus on Tuesday!!
Okay, I gotta get rolling! I’m have a few topics to cover today, before anything else happens!!
I will see everyone very soon! Keep kicking butt out there team!!
Thanks for your time!
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment