Sunday, 13 June 2021

Whirlwinds and Tornados

Well, just like the title suggested wow, what a week. So, I’ve been really focused on this job, for the summer and fall. I’m pumped about it. I was looking a crappy little rv unit, so I can “go live in a van; down by the river!!” Hey, some Chris Farley for ya!! Oh I say it like Farley does that but every time!! 

Stay in school or you’ll be living in a van down by the river!!


So anyways, yo, I’m calling people, putting out feelers, I even contacted someone in the school about any leads for a place to stay! So, I called the boss, to double check start dates, and it turns out, he had hired someone else and an entire crew, and simply replaced me, I don’t know if he was gonna say anything! And he responds, Did you even want a job here!” Like he giving his act finishing joke! Yeah, like I was just kidding! Haha. Just kidding. I was just re-arranging my entire life, school, family, summer plans, just for fun for practice, to see how far I can push Nait’s willingness to understand and help me…oh I was vibrating; absolutely seething, fuming, I was ready to drive down to Fernie and see him face to face and…..

Anyhow, I didn’t really do much! Meditate. Ask for help! Yeah asking for help got me here! I’ll figure this out on my own. I thought, how can you sleep at night? How can you willingly call someone one, hey want a job? Yeah okay you’re hired, then sneak behind them and hire someone else for the exact same position. I was pissed. 

So I sat on it! I knew from the get go, I was not okay with this. I knew from the start I needed to stand up and say no, this is wrong! So I waited! I cooled down! I didn’t know what to do! Feeling like a chump, I texted with sifu! What would Sifu Brinker do? 

We spoke about karma and how people reap what they sow. We spoke about staying true to ones self and having pride I don’t conduct myself like that! And yes it all made sense to me. And you know, I could have just let go and said, I guess it’s the way it is… Let karma deal with this fella! No, I don’t think even I understand. Let’s try again! 

Hi, my name is Will Duncan! I will not be pushed about! No, this world is changing and I won’t tolerate this crap anymore! And you know what?!? It’s true! You want to see change, be that change! I was unwilling to just beat it! I was unwilling to watch that happen and not atleast vocalize my displeasure! 

Be the change will! So I had another chat with myself! If I am going to get called on my bs, I’d rather have a conversation than a yelling match! Okay, so, as much as I wanted to split his wig, I want a job site built on respect and honesty! And I wasn’t done with this job! 

And then I thought to myself, you know what!?! No. Forget him and his feelings. If he feels it’s okay to push me around, what will he do to others? If he’s willing to do this and smile about it, make some stupid little joke about me; has anyone called him on his bullshit? If it’s okay for him to speak and treat people like such, oh it’s gonna be just fine if I give him a piece of my mind! 

So I called him Thursday night, and as respectfully as I could! So much patience and calmness, I scared myself!! Oh you and I are going to have a chat! I said to him you offered me a position on the coating crew and I accepted it; now I do expect to be on the coating crew when this project starts! Let us remember here, I did not call you looking for work, YOU called ME, friend!  You praised me. You offered me the position! The foreman, I can understand, more experience, more qualifications! But to lead me on and dupe me into a financial situation like you did, from me simply accepting your position you offered to me! Not cool. You knew I was in school and had to rearrange my entire schedule! You knew these things. I’ve spent money I hardly have, getting things insured and road worthy, for what, practice? To spend money because I was bored? No, I will not accept this! This is not right! 

So I got the blah blah blah excuses, so many people calling for work, and trying to get a job organized and blah blah blah…. That’s really neat I said. I get it! I’ve never stuck someone like that! When I run jobs and I hire people I write that down in my book, so I know whom I’ve hired! You already hired me! That is a new level of dirty! So he apologized and offered more “explanations” I wrapped up by saying I’ve said my peace and am now done with this conversation now! Have a nice night. That was Thursday night! Blew class off to re arrange an old man…..

So shortly after 7am on Friday morning I got an email for the company for a hire on package! The boss texted me shortly after and said, listen, what I did wasn’t right and he’s sorry for doing that to me. If I want there’s a position on the coating crew; if not he understands why I’d tell him to beat it! Let’s note he’s only sorry because I called his old arse out on his old arse mentality…

Personally, and sadistically, I wanted to tell him yeah I’ll take it and then the literal day before we start, telling him oh, I found another job… blah blah blah…. but out of good conscience, having pride and respect for myself, I said “thank you for the position. You won’t regret hiring me.”

So yes, finally after all of that pile of dog crap, I’m off to Sparwood, BC more specifically, should be the first Tuesday after the long weekend! My work schedule will be 6-1 with travelling home on long weekends! So it’s going to be a busy hot summer! I look forward to working in the mountains. I look forward to watching the eagles soar and feeling the elements in my bones! It’s been a long time coming, but I’m finally getting to hang in the mountains. 

Moral of the story? 

No more just accepting things for what they “are”. No more. I have to not count on anyone one else and keep carving my own path. I’ve learnt, now matter what, when that message comes from the universe, fight for it! Fight tooth and nail! The universe laid this out for me, I have to fight for this and I did and I will continue to do so on this project. 

There’s a couple of lessons at hand, and I’m very happy I have received them. Have I learnt everything about what I’m supposed to learn here? Far from it! Still learning! If I pay attention!! 

Better keep training

Thanks for your time

Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment