Hey yo!! It’s finally mr.D!! Well, my time here has been, life changing. Just from spending this much time here, it’s only been a few weeks, I’ve managed to near quit smoking, I only feel the urges and temptations at night, and it’s truly getting easier and easier to say no! I really don’t want it anymore!
School is not so bad! I’ve been reading and studying still at night, for the small amounts of time I have! I’m pounding the hours and working like a dog! I know I was really hoping that school would be done and I’d be a certified inspector and stuff, but it’s not exactly how things are supposed to roll I suppose!
When I made the decision to go back to work, I talked with sifu about it, and he really emphasized that not always do our dreams work out exactly how we want the first go at things!! I’ve really held onto that advice and have tried to just take things as they come and adapt, advance, attack, annihilate!! And then Sifu Cosgrove’s post, yeah that’s been my pathway too it seems! Nailed it!
Honestly, so far so good! I think. The work itself is all integrity, inspecting, and revamping the pipeline! Which is exactly what we should be doing! No more new lines, but let’s fix up and upgrade what we have!! It’s the only logical step! Or we can have disasters everywhere….
I wasn’t sure of where on the site I would fit, being I’m one of the first here! It turns out I’ve been bumped into the digging crew, which is perfect! Simply because, I do want to be apart of the digging and integrity work! My foreman is one of the finest in the buisness! So, I’m sticking with him. The work we are doing requires, absolute spot on pipelining skills! The lines are all hot and pushing a lot of product…hahaha….it’s only sour gas, no worries!! Ha ha ha! Oh that line over there, that’s the towns natural gas! Yeah that’s right!
I’m enjoying the work! I’m literally digging ditches by hand! We do have a hoe, but he’s not allowed within 1M of the pipe…so, that’s why I am here!! Oh it feels good to work like this! Head down, sweat spraying with your breath, blistering heat, ahhh I’m loving it!! How couldn’t I? I stop to catch my breath between shovels and man, it’s the mountains!! Pfft, BIG ol smile and start shovelling again!!
Oh, and those fellas that replaced me before I was even there? They did not study enough for their exam, they couldn’t even get on site! Haha oh my god! My lead hand is going to take the foreman position on coating crew and I, by default, have be given the lead hand position under my foreman!
And just like that things change and change again!!
Adapt, advance, attack, annihilite!
Teammies, you should see some of the spots I have found to practice Kung fu!! Hahaha! Hopefully I remember to take pics!
Okay, I’ll talk at ya later! Thanks for your time!
Mr.Duncan.
No comments:
Post a Comment