Hey there. Yeah I see you reading this! That’s right on! Thanks. I’m in a really grateful mood lately. Yeah I had a real cool tour of around the little hamlet I’m staying in. I’m actually staying in Wasa, just outside of cranbrook. Yeah, I wrapped up Sparwood and got shipped on!! Made the cut!
So, yeah, new shiny places! This time it’s different. One of the fellas I work with has lived here his whole life, and we share a lot the same hobbies, like work and shooting and trucks and other stuff.
I asked for help in finding accommodations. Sparwood was acceptable but way too expensive! So he hooks me up with a sweet deal at the local motel! Yeah and it’s a really nice room to boot! Like I’m paying a month here for a weeks worth there kinda deal! I love small towns!
Sweet deal!! This dude I working with he’s solid! I’d dare to say I made a friend! Ha!! I asked if he’d show me about! He knows every road in this place, so he takes me to places like the top of an old look out tower built in the early 1950’s!! Of course I climbed the broken stairs and stood on the rotting balcony! You just have too!! Signed the book. That stuffs important. It’s was even creepier because the clouds had settled on the mountain! The trees are all kinda stunted and visibly different from the trees further down the hill! Less oxygen there, so they don’t grow so tall!! What a time yeah!?! Definitely mini trucks for those trails!!
And bears and more bears and elk and deer! Saw my very first blue grouse!! You only see them at high elevations and they are a beautiful bird. It is blue feathered! Just cool!!
I did a rep of DMH up on top of the mountain. No I didn’t get pics! I was too busy living in the moment! Just enjoying the whole situation and taking it all in!!
Anyhow, I’ve been chipping away at this blog for a few days now! My days are getting longer and longer! I have to be on site for 6:30am for meetings, before we have our morning tailgate. And unfortunately, I don’t leave site until 6:30pm at the earliest! Closer to 7. I have got paperwork and time cards and daily reports and blah blah blah…. My foreman has started to really groom me for a foreman seat! I was supposed to take a foreman a few weeks ago, but I did say, if there’s someone with more experience, then, let them have it! I can and will do it, but I feel I don’t have the experience to be pushing a full crew! Especially on this project!
This job is the literal first of its kind with the repairs dig ups that we are doing! Last time anyone looked at this line was in the 1950’s when it was first installed. The pressure is on and so are the eyes!! Every Tom dick and Harry are out here watching how we are going to expose these lines….ugh! Not fun! The work is, the pressure isn’t.
Any which way, I have a bit of a slow day today! I’ve been placed to watch the welding crew. It’s funny we had a office dude out here the first day watching these guys and they dropped the ball on getting things done on time. The office guy was… kindly told to not come back out, and now, I am here! Oh I’ll tell you what, we are back on par for hitting the appropriate finish times! I had to straighten out a few poor attitudes and sort out a thought process that this is a place to waste time. As in, I’m really unsure why the welder is not running! Can you mr.welder please explain to me why in the #*^% this is taking so long? No?!? No good reason? You best get back at it….But, we are friends now, and nobody wastes time here anymore….hahahaha!!
Oh a funny-ish story. We had to unload around 100 sandbags! So we set up a line of hands and started throwing them down the line! And typical pipeliner mentality, we started “gentle” and by the time we are like 5 bags in, we are throwing the sandbags at each other! “Hurry up! Come on catch it!! What is your problem? Can’t catch a 25lb sandbag?? Hahaha my foreman, big big old farm boy, waited until I had a sandbag in my hands and turned to look at him, ready to toss the next bag, I see him holding the sand bag, so I says, what you need a break big guy? Need a hug for motivation? So he does his small smile and blasted me in the face with this sandbag…hahahaha…so I threw it back! He throws it back at me, but harder, darn near knocked me over!! Hahaha!! Gotta have fun I say!! All in good fun!! Hahahaha!! Best crew I’ve seen in a long time!!
Outside of that guys, I don’t know what else! Boot camp looked like a lot of fun! Kind of disappointed I’m missing so much, but, it’s part of the gig! School looks great! Thank you for everyone’s hard work getting the Kwoon looking so nice! Great job everyone!
I guess that’s pretty much it for now!
Have a great day
Thanks for your time
Mr. Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment