So, here I am, in salmon arm, having the time of my life. I have officially taken the foreman seat on the digging crew! That’s mine now! Yes, me mnd my boys go and dig up a live gas line! Whooooo!!! I crushed that goal. Heck yeah. Not done though. Not done at all. Not even close.
The crew I put together is fantastic I feel. There are a few guys I’ve just met. There’s a few guys I worked with for the last year and one guy I have worked with for an honest 6years.
These guys are great. The two I’ve had with me for a time, simply fell into line. They know what to do. They know how to do it! I’m simply just guiding and leading.
Anyhow, we crushed our goal at work today with enough time to have a solid chill out break mid afternoon. Awesome!
But I’m all honesty I’m just so grateful for the past few years. Two years ago, I fell deep into depression and all I had was Kung fu. Tried rebuilding best I could, tried to smile and be happy. Tried, some days I failed terribly. Others not bad. Last year, I had an opportunity of a lifetime for me. I got offered a job, that was the beginning of an absolute rocket ship for me.
I took the positions sent my way! Also turned down positions I did not have the experience for. I grabbed bulls by the horns and went for the ride. Still riding man, and it feels great! I honestly did this career, my way!
Remembering back, I approached this job very different than almost all my past careers and jobs. I really felt, like I was running outta options and life to do something. School was going well, but I did hate it. I truly did. I wanted to love the new career, I wanted to want that lifestyle. But let’s face things, I’m very very good at what I currently do! So good in fact, that if you where to come onto a site I’m on, likely, I’m the first guy you need to speak to before I ask you why you’re on my site. Serious, your buisness is my buisness on that lease! Ha! What a thought!
And I always talked about being that boss! Being the boss I wanted to have! Well… time to be that boss…
Okay dokay have a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment