Wednesday, 15 June 2022

Sure

 Hey everybody. Yeah I’m still around!! Still going strong. I have t been around at all since well last spring, and I do believe that’s the way it’s gonna be for the foreseeable future. 

Career wise, I’m absolutely crushing it. The winter in Conklin proved to be instrumental for myself and solidifying my position and earning that respect from my fellow hands and bosses. 

I have spoken about holding a foreman position. That was a temporary position at the time. I did say, back then, no sir, I do not have the knowledge to hold that position properly. Some people have spoken to me, just jump in and take it!! Fake it until you make it….no. Not for a second. 

In my industry we tear people apart for that. You either know or you don’t and if you say, yes I can do that and you mess it all up, best intentions or not, you’re gonna regret screwing up the project. Because, honestly, if any of the steps in my I Duarte get held back or get messed up, it does set back every single person and crew behind you! So, only knowledge and experience are looked at. We do not care who your friend is or your family. I have fired sons of bosses because, they couldn’t cut it! I have had that chat with the dad and when you explain your side, oh we get it. 

So, anyhow, this job this summer starts in a few days, I’ll be in salmon arm. Gonna be a great summer. The bossman says to me, “I want you as a foreman! I have faith in you and honestly, it’s time you take this step!”

“Do you think I can handle this?”

“I watched you all winter and last summer! You have got this buddy! So do you want this foreman seat or am I gonna pass you over again?”

“Nope, no need to keep looking! I am you’re   foreman!”

“Awesome! Now build a crew, get guys together, and get back to me!”

And I’m off! I have my crew built! I have my boys ready to roll when that day hits. Johnny on the spot here folks. 

I’m so pumped! And you know, like pipelining man am I good at what I do! I know it seems basic and it truly can be when you break things down and go step by step! I think it’s basic, some others do not. And that’s okay. I have the ability to slow down and focus on this step and the next few steps. I can honestly take a look at what’s happening and know exactly what the next step is. I have built a knowledge base where I can honestly jump in with both feet into almost any situation on a pipeline wand not only help, but excel! And even though I was being groomed to become management, I still asked questions! Even just to reinforce knowledge. I do t care about asking questions. It’s very powerful. 

In any event, I do hold onto a lot of basic hand forms and techniques. I don’t have the same drive in Kung fu as I once did. I have other goals. My thoughts and actions have changed. My desires have stayed mostly the same, just tweaked for todays goals.

If this “pandemic” has taught me anything, it’s simply, I do not like people. Like a lot! I have grow kinda jaded on the last two years, so instead of acting the fool and trying to place blame on everyone around me, I’ll own my issues and carry on! I have a desire and the ability to move to a large parcel of land and truly have no need for most of society.

I am working a plan, when and where I will become completely self sufficient as far as food goes! I’m working on energy and heat abilities at the moment, but, I’ll build a plan. And eventually, I will pack my belongings and honestly disappear into the woods! 

Let’s be honest, I would flourish out in the wilderness! I like trees far more than 99% of people out there! I am far more at home out in the bush or tracking an animal or just napping under a tree. 

In a few more years, I will be able to pick and choose what jobs I go on! In a few more years I’ll decide what hours I will work! And so on. It’s alot of hard work and labour and just saving and saving and saving, but my mental health is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment