Well hello there, Sifu Brinker asked us yesterday to post our goals and hopefuls for this up-coming year. Sure why not? The general requirements are fairly obvious. I am really looking forward to the opportunity to lion dance. That is awesome. The public performances should be interesting. I used to shrink away when I came to being in the lime-light or even the thought of it. Now its time to step-up and embrace the idea of being watched and therefore judged by some mook who doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. Better make sure I'm training hard.
The more personal goals are to do 2000 hand combos on a punching bag, 2000 deadlifts, chin-up, squats, and upright rows in the next year. Why the extra weights, you ask. Because I feel I cannot just build muscle and stamina from push-ups and sit-ups. I would have an incredibly strong stomach and shoulders, but a weak lower back and chest. That is just me, but complete body strength and stamina I feel is extremely important. Maintain a log of what I am consuming everyday and stop buying coffee. And the real last demon that I have left to face. Quit smoking. Ahhh. Just the thought of quitting smoking makes me wanna go smoke. I hate it though. Every time I light up, I hate myself for it, but I love lighting up. Psychotic...,.oh I know!
I was pondering my goals and ambitions for this up and coming year. Reviewing the meeting and what sifu talked about. And things started to click. He spoke on how easy this year can be, but how hard I can be to get back on track when you fall off. Not if, or you might, but when. That's a powerful statement. I like it. Doesn't scare me off. A statement like that means to me. You need to bust your sorry rear-end for this, but don't fall apart about not being perfect in this next year. Just do a bunch better than your best and we should be okay.
I have a game plan full well knowing that its gonna have to change on the fly. That's fine. I have stepped up my training at home in preparation for I Ho Chaun. I think I am ready. If things turn about and I am not ready, well to bad for me I guess. I am making a contingency plan for when I do fall off the Kung Fu wagon. I have a number or two of people I can talk with. So bring this on. I don't know how many times I have said that now. I could just show patience....that's not my style though.
Humbly yours;
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment