Sunday, 22 February 2015

Purpose

   Happy Sunday everybody. I have a dream. A dream that I have had since a child. A dream that my body, mind and spirit can work together in complete unison towards a singular purpose. When I was younger I lost that purpose in a un-realistic psychotic way of life. Kung Fu and other programs have shown me that I don't need anymore stuff and things cluttering up my life. Or my mind for that matter. Honestly, I believe, I have everything a guy needs. Two beautiful, strong smart boys. A wife that un-conditionally loves me, no matter what stunt I pull. I do understand that, as time goes on, there will be stuff that comes up that I will "essentially need". The what ifs pop up and people, places and things change. Thus altering our outlook for a period of time.
   It is easy to get lost in the what ifs. What if this happens or what if that happens? Well, what if it does not happen? A question for you. Will you be happy with your life, when you look back to see your progression, and realise that you have always lived with fear of failure or the fear of the unknown over your head and therefore stunted your own growth? Forget that! Living life buried under a pillow will only create resentments and regrets. and those will kill us. First the spirit then the mind and finally our bodies. Then what? More fear and hatred for not giving it a good honest effort? I say no more!
   I was lying face down on the carpet doing push-ups the other day, and thought to myself "This is it? This is all you have got to give?" That's when an Ali quote popped into my mind. It only matters after it starts to burn. That's not the exact quote, but its good enough. I managed to blast off some more reps. Then I remembered sifu's words on incriminate progression. Okay! Push myself a little bit more every day, but, let's not destroy myself before I Ho Chaun even starts. Still looking for balance, but that's okay. I believe it shows growth in myself.
   If the next generation takes our legacies and samples it, don't you want to fill them with love, dreams and ambitions? Is that not our purpose? To show the path to a better way of life? To teach just how awesome life can be? Well, that's just my thought on that.
   With I Ho Chaun less then one month away, I have read on other blogs and asked myself, am I ready? You bet your arse I am, and here I come.


"I've wrestled with alligators;
I've tussled with a whale;
I have done hand-cuffed lighting
and thrown thunder in jail"   -Ali

Can you dig that Suckas...
Thanks for your time

Humbly yours
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment