Sunday, 12 April 2015

A quick thought

    Happy sunday everyone. Man I can not wait to get outside and do outdoor stuff.  Raking the lawn and turning the gardens. I love this time of year. The smell of dirt upon my hands is one of my favorite smells. Shooting my bow, in preparation of hunting season only a few months away now. So I was thinking about what we talked about yesterday. Especially the statements, on how we are walking an extraordinary path. The odds of all of us on this team having those conversations as a group are astronomical. Practicing mastery of kung-fu in stony plain, with everyone that is involved. Especially how Kung-fu is not a prevalent as it once was. Here we are, learning this ancient martial art form in Stony Plain. Man that is cool to ponder. I took it for granted I guess, or just never thought about it before. Awesome stuff.
   Also, I was just looking at my goals and see what's what. I had put down squats and deadlifts and a few other bodybuilding type goals. And I will tell you what, that was a mistake. A little overly ambitious. There is not enough time in the day to get those movements accomplished. I was told that those goals, in particular might be too much, but go a head and giver. I did not listen and thought that, it wouldn't be a problem, but I have learnt, I was wrong. I am not sure what I was thinking when I wrote them out. But truly, is the problem, the lack of time, or lack of commitment? That is the question that has been whispered in my ear. So, I still stand firm on those goals, just not sure when I will be able to accomplish them. Again, I am not overly worried. I will find and make time, now that everything is warming up.
    I am really happy with myself and what I have accomplished in the time that has passed in I Ho Chaun. Progress is just fantastic. Staying positive in my day to day outings is something that has truly helped. It is so easy to fall back into old habits and just stop caring. Instead of smiling, scowling at people. The real challenge in I Ho Chaun I have found, is staying positive enough to try my best again, each and every day I wake up. I have missed a day of training here and there, but I will not let that get me down. If anyone thinks I am going to quit being better than I was yesterday, then picture me quitting and draw a circle around it and put a line right though it. This is survival of what...the fittest of our spirits.


So, I guess that is every thing I have to say for today.
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
  

No comments:

Post a Comment