Sunday, 26 April 2015

Calmness

Good morning Vietnam. Boy is it ever nice out today. I can not wait to get outside and do stuff. This week was a good darn week. I feel I have gotten another grasp on my schedule being re-wrote. I did not have to change much because, I didn't need to. I really needed to just calm down and get a grip. Everything has been moving at mach speed, and staying calm has been one of the hardest things for me to do. Everything will fall into place. I know it will, I just need to be calm. The most important thing to remember in kung-fu is to stay calm and I forgot all about it. That's cool though. It is a very valuable learning curve.
    I remember when I first squared up with life on life's terms, I had a heck of a time staying calm. I was always vibrating. I was unable to put thoughts or sentences together I was so all over the map. Today, I can stay much calmer in more settings than ever before. I may not be hot to trot in stressful settings, but, at least I am not randomly hitting people in the mouth over being stressed. This week, I again, jumped on the help lines and talked to numerous people over the week. And I had one conversation in particular, that really, made sense to me. My buddy says "Will, you remember, when you first sobered up and nobody wanted to be around you because you were so volatile? No body wanted to talk with you for fear of what you might say or react? You remember that Will?" "Yes" "Now, look, people ask for your help. People call you to ask for your assistance. People are no longer scared of you. And with some people, they even respect what you say and admire what you do. You are better than you were almost 4 years ago. A long slow road, but still, you seemingly obtained the end goal. This kung-fu might take four years, it might not, but you will learn that this is all a lesson you have to learn." That is pretty deep stuff man. It puts it all in perspective. Four years ago, I was an animal. With two words in my vocabulary. One rhymes with truck and the other is you. Today, I may not be very good a talking in social settings, but, I am not insulting people when they ask how I am doing. Or hitting them when they get in arms reach. That is a huge accomplishment all in its own!!!
  A few months ago, I was given a different way to meditate. Every hour, stop what I am doing and take three deep breaths, and continue on in my tasks. The later part of the week, I worked hard at trying and doing this. I was not successful at doing it every hour, but, the times I did do it, holy what a difference. I will continue to implement this in my life, as it is highly beneficial.
   Finally, I know, it is still early spring, but I went to cabellas yesterday and picked up some gear for the up-coming hunting season, and boy did my heart start skipping. I get so jacked when I get into those stores. Just the thought of being in the bush, being overwhelmed in smells and sounds and sights, then throw in the thrill of trying to track an ungulate. Or even sitting in a tree stand, after studying an area, and carefully picking the tree I want to climb and set-up in. I love it. A true passion. I have not had time to shoot lots this year yet, but I really am looking forward to fall time. But, here is the lesson. The only way I can get to tomorrow, is to survive today.
Finally, the demo we are working on, that was awesome. I had so much fun on Friday night. It seemed the whole team just fell into place. I am truly excited to watch this demo develop. Yesterday, I was listening to the song and thinking about how much work  the demo will be when a thought hit me. Just how much work went into the demo thus far. To tear the song apart into sections then place everyone where you think they would best be fitted. That is a lot of time and energy, so thank you Sifu Rybak, for leading by example.


Well, I guess that is it for today
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for for the post. It required courage to be so open, I understand where you you are coming from and respect where you have arrived at.

    ReplyDelete