Good day to you! Is it not, a fine day. Beautiful. Another very eventful week has passed and lessons in who we are never stop coming at you. Sure is nice to be in a good place, mentally, when life challenges you with something a little more drastic. This week my wife and youngest boy got into a car accident. Thankfully nobody was really hurt. Other than bumps and bruises, some whiplash, they are okay. I am so grateful for them being okay. The phone call I received was from her in, quite obviously, a panicked toned and, how do you react to that? That was one of the longest drives from work. That's an experience that I do not want to go through again. My truck is all sorts of messed up, for obvious reason. They got T-boned. Too bad, I really liked that truck. Part of me wants it to get fixed. The other half, does not want to see it fixed. I feel once in an serious accident like a T-bone, that vehicle will always be off, but, I did get that truck one month after cleaning up my act. Had to get rid of the heat on the roads, and the almighty ram was the gift I needed. But, I can not control either outcome so, forget it. It is just a truck.
So, again my numbers took a blasting, but I mean, what can you do? I had to step into my wife's shoes while she recoups and man, is she busy. Doing what I can to play both roles in the house, that is hard work. So, I did not get a lot done, but I got some in. That's all that matters. Too bad, I had a fantastic start to the week.
Finally, I took on the role as head coach for the t-ball team out my way. Our first practice was Thursday night. The same night of the accident. What a mind blowing night. But, at practice, holy, I think we had a blast. To me at their ages, three to six, it is really about enjoying the time with their friends and having fun playing ball. That is the direction I want to head into, and if I can achieve that, I will. My wife was receiving texts and things on the fb about the practice we had, so I think the kids had a good time as well. Success! This will be a very challenging next six weeks, but I do feel positive about everything. Besides I fricken love kids. They are the coolest. I used to coach my little brother in hockey and I always enjoyed that.
This whole kung fu experience with I Ho Chaun, has been absolutely amazing. With all the highs and lows, the mountain peaks and deep valleys, there is nothing else to truly test you limits as a martial artist. I have found the true test, for myself, is to try to practice these principles in all our affairs, in that, that is realism. I can do the physical aspect of this challenge, fairly well. Its the dealing with people and outside circumstances that I have a hard time grasping. Almost every internal meltdown has started with or been a direct result of dealing with a person or an un-desirable out coming. It sounds to me, like my adaptability has been lacking recently. Time to re-check myself and come out strong for tomorrow.
Anyways, I should get back to not ignoring my kids and go play little green army guys with them.
So until next time I am:
Mr.Duncan
Keep on learning and growing Mr. Duncan. I appreciate your blogs. Have fun with your life as you do with the ball team and your children "private". Lol
ReplyDelete