Howdy there everyone. How is it going? I am doing exceptionally well. This weekend was an amazing experience. No, more than amazing. Phenomenal! Yup, that will do. Its difficult to explain, but I will do my best. So, Friday night I head outta town with a friend of mine and the drive down was really nice. Took a back road, as opposed to hwy 2. Very relaxed, but with purpose. We will get there when we get there. This whole weekend I constantly heard people speak "this will test your patience" "this will teach you tolerance" and they did not fib. Two-hundred people all trying their hardest to work lovingly with one another. Two hundred people all trying to be better than they once were. Trying their hardest to do the right thing. What an sight to see. There was chaos and there were hotheads, but everyone smiled and laughed and exclaimed, how wonderful it was! For the greater good I would hear. ahh man it was an opportunity a lifetime. I would dare to say life altering. Another part of me that has grown more.
Just last night I had a huge light is now on moment. I was listening to this fellow tell a story that was very similar to mine, even though he was fifty years my senior. Some of the emotions in his story I really clicked with. Do realise, I know nothing of this man, never seen nor heard of him. And this thought comes into his head. Without him and his story, my journey down this path would be far different. I would not have had the same rebuild with out him. No, we are not directly related, but through the nature of life we are. You see, his story would not have been passed along to so many people, coming after him, their outlook would have been just a little different. And thus when they share their story it would be slightly emotional different. Now, when the loss of that stories change in people's outlook would have struck me. And he might not have been there to turn on that light bulb. I would have not had this opportunity to learn. Thus, this lesson may not have been present Saturday night. If that makes any sense, at all. The lesson being that we are all connected. All these people and I share this same singular goal. To be sober, just for today. That is where it all started. And from that one singular purpose, to carry our message, this amazingly unselfish society has grown and flourished. There is no personal materialistic goal. There is only spiritual growth offered. I am glad that I was able to receive some this weekend. What a time!
I took another huge step last night as well. I am not a big socializer, especially with two hundred people in one room, but, there was this one person in particular that, had caught my interest earlier in the day. The way this person carried himself. You know, the very confident, not cocky people. Very humbled individual. And he a thanked the lessons in service for being where he is in life. The complete freedom he has been given. All by trying to help his fellow man. So, I worked up the courage and approached this man. Right as I approached him, I quickly thought about merely walking past and smiling. Guilt hit immediately after this thought. So I stopped and politely got his attention. It was really nice to say hi. His expression of true happiness was kind of stunning. The sense of joy I had received from stopping and approaching someone like him, was very intense. This is nothing like being polite to a stranger in crossing of paths. He has something spiritually I wanted so, I went to learn. Awesome! I love this program. Greatest decision I ever made was to walk with this group of folks.
And the person I traveled and stayed with has become even more of a friend. We always have great conversations, when we get together, but to spend a complete weekend with him, that was really fun. The lessons he shows just by being the change he wants to see, is really powerful. I am very happy to have this fella in my life. Such a nice and caring person. Very gracious individual. They say to hang out with the winners, to become a winner. so I stick close to the people who have a solid base under their feet. He is always very kind, but, his program is firm. He will not budge, when it comes to keeping his program solid. He is very open to growth, but whatever he feels it will not help him, it does not come into his life. People like us, must take all precautions necessary, but must also be careful not to impair us ourselves. It is a fine line to walk, but the lessons in awareness are awesome.
Such an amazing weekend, with so many lessons and tools to put into my life. Surrounding myself with people like-minded to myself, is very inspiring. After gatherings like this, I am overwhelmed with a sense in confidence in the program. I walk away completely re-affirmed that I am doing the right thing with my life. Finally, I am on a path that I was always supposed to be on. Yeah buddy, that feels good to realise.
Well, it is nachos and a movie night tonight and nachos are ready.
I will talk to you guys soon
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment